Pain

'They say don't let them in
Close your eyes and clear your thoughts again
But when I'm all alone
They show up on their own'

***

***

Hermione woke up in her new bed in the apartment in Chicago, she dressed herself and went downstairs. To see Niklaus already making breakfast, she settled at the dining table and Niklaus placed her plate in front of her. French toast. Niklaus settles at the other side.

'Forgive me?' he asked.

And she wanted nothing more than to slap that cocky smile off his face, she glared at him.

'You said you'd forgive me anything if I kept making you food. Unless it would harm those you love. And I didn't,' he stated.

Hermione pinned her fork in the wooden table out of anger, 'You can't just go around killing people!'

His smile faded slightly and he leaned forward, 'I get it you-'

'No! You don't! You may not mind killing everyone who comes in your way, but I do! It is against everything I've been taught. Against everything I believe in!' Hermione sneered.

Now she had pissed him off, 'Does it seem like I care about your opinion?!' He let out a sadistic laugh. 'I don't care about anyone, love. Nor do I care about you.'

Hermione couldn't tell whether it was a cruciatus curse or his words hitting her. And she didn't know why it hurt her, why she did care.

'No, it doesn't seem like you care indeed,'
Hermione stated, no emotion in her voice.

She pushed her plate with French toast away and walked away from the table. Back to her room, tears running down her cheeks. Why did he say that? Why did he kill those people?

{}{}{}

Hermione went downstairs, planning on apologizing to Niklaus. Not because she had forgave him, she hadn't yet. But she knew fighting wouldn't help in any possible way, she had freshened herself up and put on new clothes. She took a deep breath and opened the door, but Niklaus was no where to be found. She began panicking slowly and out of sudden the door opened.

'You must be the maid. My bags are in the car. Get them, will you?' a female demanded.

Hermione smiled awkwardly, 'I am sorry, I am not the maid. I could help you though.'

Rebekah sighed, 'Right, you're the human my brother Klaus knocked up.'

Hermione froze, 'That's what he said?'

Rebekah shrugged, 'I thought so.'

Hermione's hands became fists and she bit on her inner cheek, they didn't do anything like it. And she was pissed off.

She smiled evilly, 'Well, tell him he can go fuck himself for all I care. I'd never be that desperate to do such a thing and don't worry compelling me won't work.'

Rebekah smiled at the girl, immediately realizing it wasn't one of the usual girl her brothers brought home.

'How come you're undaggered?' Hermione asked, trying to sound like it hadn't killed her on the inside to hear.

'He needed my necklace, it is gone though. Gloria, a witch, wasn't helpful either.' Rebekah answered, slightly irritated.
Hermione frowned, what was so important about that stupid necklace?!

'Do you have a picture of it?' she asked.
Rebekah nodded and grabbed a picture, Hermione immediately recognized it. Rebekah's eyes widened as she saw the realization in Hermione's eyes.

'You know where it is?' she asked.

Hermione nodded, knowing she couldn't lie now. 'Yes I do, I don't know if I'll tell Niklaus though.'

Rebekah frowned, 'Why not?'

'Well, Niklaus and I fought. So I came to make it up to him, only to hear he called me his slut. This necklace must be important to him. And at the moment I want to do nothing else then to piss him off.'

Rebekah considered the girls decision for awhile, knowing her brother only woke her up for the stupid necklace... let's say it was an easy decision.

'You want to go shopping with me? I only have what I am wearing right now and I have the feeling you need a distraction.'

Hermione nodded and in no time they were in the shopping mall.

{}{}{}

'We're going to Mystic Falls,' Niklaus stated. Hermione shrugged as did Rebekah. The girls got to know each other and had distanced themselves from Niklaus.

He had to admit that it annoyed him, that Hermione was ignoring him. But he'd never let it show.

Did you like it so far?❤️