T E N

𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘢 𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘷𝘦, 𝘦𝘯𝘫𝘰𝘺.

‼️Same skies (A mafia romance), is out now‼️

♥️

Just when it was eleven at night, I quickly opened up the teal box hidden between my clothes and smiled.

I took out the box and put in the fresh letter that I'd written just a few hours ago, just like every other birthday my ritual was now completed.

I got into my queen-sized bed and smiled, this birthday was just like any other but, it still felt different, god gave me a gift.

I have not once been touched or harmed in this house, sure Alex is a little distant but he's good to me even though he has his moments, then there's Maya, she too is an absolute angle.

my worlds growing bigger and the people who are important to me are getting clearer.

I closed my eyes dreaming about tomorrow, dreaming about a new start.

when I woke up, my attention straight off went to the clock.

6 am.

I felt pumped, I felt excited, I felt nervous.

Thousand of emotions ran through me and an idiotic smile graced my face.

I was going to go shopping, to buy clothes, for myself by my own choice, and let's not forget the party!

I don't exactly know what to expect because I've never been to a party before. Back in the Vega House, we had parties quite often but I was never a part of it.

Sir did not appreciate the idea of me being in a party, Sara, on the other hand, went to a lot of parties and enjoyed the ones at home as well.

I saw them from far away, I longed to be a part of the crowd but I don't think I'd ever fit in.

People who came to the party back in the Vega house seemed to be very posh, rich with money just like Sir. Mary Would serve the people at the party while I'd wait for her behind the closed doors of the kitchen. And Once the party was over, I helped Mary pack up the things in the house and clean it all off.

But not today!

Today, I'd be a part of the party.

I went to the washroom and freshened up, took a bath, and came out for breakfast.

It was already 9 am.

When I went to the kitchen, I saw that Maya was about to start preparing breakfast, "good morning, do you need any help?"

Maya looked up to me and smiled, "no darling it's fine, it's anyways going to be a surprise breakfast for you" I smiled.

I loved being pampered this way, it felt new to me.

"How's your son is he okay?" I asked thinking back to how Maya was worried yesterday, "he's fine! Just a hairline crack but I tend to be very protective of him"

I smiled, she felt protective of her son and she loved him

It was a foreign concept for me, mothers' love that is.

"How old is he?" I asked, My guess was that her son would be pretty young because there is hardly a difference of ten years in between Maya and Alex "he's seven, I got him when he was only three months old!"

"Got him?" Maya looked up at me, "My son is adopted, I got him when he was three months old. He's the love of my life. He makes it all worth it"

holly Molly, that's so cute.