Chapter 3

"I love you."

"Love you too."

***

I wake up, my face pressed to the couch, my legs tangled in the blanket. My face feels stiff from crying so much before. I stretch, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. Sitting up, I see my laptop on the table with a note on top.

Had to go to work, but I get out at 4 today. Come over when you get home. Feel better babe -A

PS I totally didn't steal your cereal xx

I smile lightly, shaking my head. I look up at the clock on the wall, and, seeing the time, shoot up off the couch. It's already 11:00 and as it's Sunday, work starts early today.

I grab my laptop and blanket and run into my room, throwing them on my bed. I text my co-worker, Ben, letting him know I'll be a little late. I pull out some black ripped jeans, a white crop top, and a green bomber jacket, quickly putting them on.

 I pull out some black ripped jeans, a white crop top, and a green bomber jacket, quickly putting them on

I grab my makeup essentials, wallet, phone charger, and keys, stopping quickly to throw them in my bag. I throw my bag over my shoulder, grab an apple and my phone, slip on my shoes, and rush out into the hallway, locking the door on my way out.

I tap my foot, waiting for the elevator. I pull out mascara and concealer, hoping to do some of my makeup before I get on the tube. As soon as the elevator arrives I push the button for the ground floor and open my phone camera so I can see what I'm doing.

When the door opens a few minutes later, I look slightly more composed and feel slightly less frantic. I rush out the door, walking quickly toward the Stratford underground station. I run down the stairs, quickly swiping my card, before arriving at the platform. My train pulls up a few seconds later and I sigh, grateful I didn't miss it. I walk through the doors and take a seat in a car. It isn't too crowded as the morning rush is gone. I finish up my makeup, quickly filling in my brows and putting on a bit of bronzer before putting everything away. I sigh, checking my phone for the time. It's 11:24.

"Fuck," I breathe out, knowing there is no way I can get to the restaurant in six minutes. I take my apple out of my bag, eating it while I wait impatiently for my stop. As soon as the train stops I'm out of the doors. I run up the stairs, slowing once I get to the pavement. I turn the corner, walking quickly up through mile end park to the restaurant. I open the door and check the time. 10:38. Only eight minutes late, and I still have twenty-two until we open. I drop my things in the back and put on my apron, apologize for being late, and get working.

***

When I get out of work, I'm exhausted. It was a particularly busy day and added to the emotional stress of yesterday, I'm absolutely knackered. I head home, deciding to walk instead of taking the tube. I walk down the pavement, watching the lights and people as they pass. I take a breath, getting some time to think since everything has happened. Thinking back to when Tobi found me on the bench, I remember his comment about my sweatshirt. I still don't get why he thought I would know him because of it. I decide to text my brother Nathan, as I took the hoodie from him.

Brooooo

What

You know that hoodie you have?

The black one with the white design?

What about it

First of all I may or may not have stolen it from you 

Second of all what is it from

Jade! I've been looking for it everywhere

Also it's merch from the sidemen

The who?

It's this group of YouTubers

Oh

I think back to my conversation with Tobi, remembering if he ever mentioned youtube. I can't recall the whole conversation as I wasn't exactly in the best state at the time, but I remember enough to know we didn't talk about. I wonder if Tobi is a fan or if he's one of them. My phone vibrates with another text from Nathan.

Jade?

Yeah

Why are you asking?

Just a conversation I had earlier

Who are in the group?

Well there's KSI, miniminter, wroetoshaw, zerkaa, behzinga, vikkstar, and tobjizzle

I furrow my eyebrows as I read the names, until I get to tobjizzle. I know there's no way that that's a coincidence. I open google images and type in tobjizzle, waiting slightly anxiously as it loads. The first picture pops up and there he is, the boy who I barely know but somehow gave me the courage to get out of a toxic relationship.

Noticing that I'm almost home, I slip my phone into my pocket and pull out my keys. I unlock the front door, walking up to the lift and pushing the button. When the door opens, a few people walk out. I walk in after them, push the button for my floor, and lean back against the wall. On the way up I realize something else about Tobi. I never got a way to contact him. I pull out my phone again, finding and following him on Twitter, but knowing there's no way he'd see it or know who I am if I DM'd him. The doors open and I walk down the hallway. I unlock my door and walk into my flat, dropping my bag on the table on the way to my bedroom. I change into some leggings and a sweatshirt before walking out of my flat and across the hall to Alicia's. I knock lightly on the door before pushing it open.

"Alicia?" I call.

"I'm in my room. Wanna bring me some water on the way in?"

I smile, rolling my eyes, before going into the kitchen and getting her a glass of water. I walk into her bedroom, hand her the glass, and collapse toward the foot of the bed.

"So," She starts, resting her chin in her hands, "What's the story for today."

(A/N So there's chapter 3 done. I love a good 1000+ word count. Thoughts? Should I try to get to the plot bit faster or do we like the slow burn? I might not be able to update next week as I'll be away for the holidays but I'll try. Bye!)