Chapter 18

"So this is your company?!"

The room was silent until Vick spoke up.

"It's none of your business who's her company"
"And it's none of yours to interfere" Mr. Reid seethed.
"He's my company Mr. Reid" Kate cut in before this could get any uglier.

Mr. Reid looked at her then back at me and walked out without saying a word.

"Sorry guys" I said apologetically.
"It's fine, just leave already!" Kate shouted, she's pissed, I wonder what they were up to?

Not the time Julie.

I walked out and saw that Mr. Reid had his head on the steering wheel of his Jaguar.

I looked at the distressed look on his face and suddenly felt concerned.

Is he stressed?

I looked down and decided to do something I know I'll regret later.

I opened the car door making him quickly straightened up.

"I thought you didn't want to come?" He asked confused.
"I already changed and I'm not in the mood to let a perfectly good outfit go to waste" I shrugged.

He smirked and started the engine.

After a long boring silence because the asshole wouldn't let me turn on the radio and still no means of communication, I couldn't hold it in anymore.

"Mr. Reid, where are we even going?"
"I don't know, where do you want to go?" He says nonchalantly.

I think something inside me just snapped.

"First you drag me out of my mother's house on a Sunday to work, then you practically threatened me to go on this 'outing' of yours and now you're telling me you don't even know where to take me?!" I shouted.

"This is a 'date' Ms. Downs" he 'corrected'.
Is that all you f*cking heard?

"No, this is not a 'date' Mr. Reid, a 'date' is an agreement between two people to romantically go out! I did not agree to this!"

I usually hold out on the yelling, screaming and shouting during fights, wanting to be considered the calm one, but this bozo has driven me to the point of no return and for the record I was exceptionally nice towards him!

He raised an eyebrow at my outburst and I really want to shave that eyebrow off.

"Well then we're going to the amusement park" he declared.
"You can't just decide that on your own! I'm not going to an amusement park! I want to go back home!"

He shrugged and just continued driving.

I took out my headphones and was about to put them on when he grabbed them and pulled them away.

Okay, you do not touch my headphones!

"Sir, can I have my headphones back?"
"No"
"And why not?"
"It's impolite to put on headphones when on a date"

Is this man for real?

I breathed in very loudly.

"How do you expect me to act when talking to you is equivalent to talking to a wall?!"

"You weren't acting like that yesterday when we were dancing"
"You were possessed yesterday! That's why it was easy!"
"Possessed?" He said with amusement in his voice.

I looked at him for the first time since I sat in the car and our eyes met.

He looked happy, he had a small smile playing on his lips and looked younger, more relaxed.