10. Pride or Die?

~Not Edited~

At first they ate in silence, stealing mystic glimpses of one another. Indeed, the food was mildly getting cold because of Ella's long awaited arrival but in regards to the both of them, the food was hot. Very hot. It wasn't long until their fiery silence was distinguished.

You look beautiful. "What took you so long?" Amos questioned as a drop of sweat ran down his forehead, obviously signifying his internal thoughts.

Ella smirked and replied sweetly:

I was deviating my plan. "I was preparing myself."

"I can tell," He honestly stated while looking at her with an intimidating glare.

"Tell me," Ella began, changing the subject of their equivalent conversation. "What is your taste?"

Almost as quick as lightning and as though he had the answer prepared for a long time just for this moment, Amos replied:

"Beautiful, etiquette, sophisticated, and intelligent women. That is my taste." Amos clarified, smiling pretentiously at how absurd that sounded.

"I was actually referring to music," Ella said slowly yet relieved, taking in his swift response to her question. "What is your taste in music?" She recites.

Of course, that would be your type of woman. You're a bloody nobility of a duke for goodness sake! Ella internally scoffed.

Damn it. Why did you have to embarrass your pride? Amos internally lectured regretfully.

"Music? ...Never really been into music," Amos replied, dismissing his earlier thought with a slight cough.

Fool. You love music. Who are you trying to prove yourself to? A voice in his mind scolds.

It figures your dull imagination. Ella internally scoffs.

"Very well," she said as the maids arrived to clear up both of their finished meals. "It is just in time," She expresses cheerfully yet in a sly manner as she departs out of her seat and begins to make her way towards the duke; slowly and elegantly. "I'm very fond of tango. Are you?" She smirks, extending her hand just as she arrives before the silently stunned duke.

In the meanwhile, a band of musicians makes a clear arrival towards the end of the hall where they were designated for. They were indeed part of Ella's deviating-of-a-plan, hence her specific fondness towards tango. Someone she once knew gave her the experience in tango. Someone she undoubtedly despises.

The band began to play some fast and upbeat tempo music, otherwise known for tango when Ella had said those two words to the duke. It was all going in accordance towards Ella's devious plans, which she enjoyed quite well.

Amos, on the other hand, was oblivious to these devious plans because he was taken completely away once again by her conniving beauty. Her green eyes shimmered in the light towards Amos, pulling him in whirlwinds that were irresistible. Without hesitation, he took Ella's etiquette, little hand as she guided him towards the open floor, flowing with the music.

Although he did love music, tango was a different story. He did have a little experience with the music when he was younger but it wasn't a reoccurring art for him that was classified to be his best. Hence, it was obviously going to be Ella taking the lead in this unique first dance for them.

"Try to keep up," Ella whispers into his ear as they position themselves to dance.

Amos did not like the sound of that but he resisted the feeling otherwise.