3. Wanna meet? (edited)

The bell rang for lunch, and Seb made his way out of the classroom. The others rushed out before him, but he stayed for a moment, just staring at the door. Lunch hour was the most probable time to meet Kaiden, and it made him want to run away and hide for a while but that would be contra-productive since he really wanted to meet with Kaiden. He silently thanked his lucky star that he had friends to meet at lunch nowadays. Dylan and Tyra would surely protect him if anything weird happened, or so he thought.

Before Dylan came along, he'd spent his lunches alone, and from time to time some idiot had made his life miserable. His right leg was hopping up and down where he sat, and he had almost chewed through his lips. Thinking wasn't helping. He was only making himself more nervous. With a soft sigh, he rose and left the classroom. It was time to stop hiding from things he wanted just because he was afraid. 

He didn't see the other two as he glanced around the large lunch room, and he resorted to nibbling on his lip again. They weren't at the usual table, so he assumed that they weren't back from class yet. He grabbed his food, despite his unease, and made his way to the table at the back. Mike and a couple of other guys who were friends of Tyra and Dylan sat at a table, but he didn't know them well enough to sit down with them. His eyes continued to search across the room, but he stopped as soon as he realized that he didn't want to be obvious about the fact that he was interested in Kaiden--and staring all over the room would definitely qualify as obvious. 

He sat down and started to dig into the food, but his attention swiftly broke as he got another message. He pulled up the phone from his pocket and almost spluttered out food over the table. 

I'm working this afternoon. I'll treat you with some hot chocolate if you come for a visit ;)

A wide grin spread across his face, and for some reason he couldn't start eating again. He was too excited. From the corner of his eye he saw Dylan approaching. He tried to stop smiling, because he knew it must look ridiculous, but it just didn't work. 

“What, do I have something in my hair, something slimey?” Dylan said, smirking.

Yeah, he'd been staring and smiling. No wonder Dylan said something like that.

Seb recalled what had happened yesterday, how Dylan and Zach had been painting together in art class. They were impossible to stop, so Ms Demet had allowed them to continue even after class. He was curious to know what happened between the two. Dylan was panting after Zach, and Seb knew that Zach wasn't unaffected either. 

“You and Zach seemed to have fun in art class yesterday.” Seb winked, and Dylan's cheeks flushed to a tinge Seb hadn't seen before, and apparently Dylan was embarrassed enough to smack him playfully on his head before sitting down. 

“Shut up kid!” Dylan growled under his breath, but he was grinning just as wide as Seb had just a minute ago. 

“Are you going to tell me?” Seb asked.

“Well, are you going to tell me about Kaiden?” 

Seb started to fumble with the silver ware. 

"We exchanged a couple of messages," he said casually, trying to hide the fact that he was sizzling with nerves. 

“Dude, that’s great news. How come you’re so giddy and excited, you’re basically fan-girling over there…”

Seb's eyes started to sparkle, and Dylan seemed to realize that he was excited, even if he didn’t let it on.  

“Well, you know. No real drama yet," Seb said to avoid getting more questions. It was safer to ask Dylan instead. "You and Zach, however, that would make great TV, so spit it out!”