0.6

warning; there is a death in this chapter so i am putting this here just as a warning. its not graphic but i do care about each and every one of you, so please take caution. 

  ▼▼  

          "He's all over the globe. Robotics labs, weapons facilities, jet propulsion labs. Reports of a metal man, or men, coming in and emptying the place." Maria had joined the team again after searching the globe for any news on Ultron, Carter walked with the two towards the rest of the team.

"Fatalities?" Steve asked, walking alongside the two before heading up the stairs. 

"Only when engaged. Mostly guys left in a fugue state going on about old memories, worst fears, and something too fast to see." Maria shook her head staring at the duo. 

"Maximoffs." Carter sighed, he knew that if the girl ever got inside his head, she would witness something that no one should witness, death and destruction. He almost felt the pain washing up then, she would most likely get inside his head and she would see his true nature. 

"That makes sense he'd go to them-" Steve started, "Or they went to him." Carter looked at the tablet Maria had and saw a disgusting image, printed of Strucker. "They have someone in common." Steve replied seeing Carters eyes widen, "Not anymore." Maria then handed the tablet to Steve and showed him the image. This was going to be a challenge. 

When they had found the rest of the team, Clint was over to the side on the phone, and Carter could hear a bit of their conversation, "That's a negative. I answer to you- Yes, ma'am."

"Barton. Might have something." Steve patted Carters shoulder before Clint turned around to look at the two. "I gotta go." He hung up the phone quickly before Carter popped the question, "Well who was that?"

"Girlfriend." Clint shrugged seeing Carters smirk, he already knew who it was, but he was told not to say anything to anyone. 

Thor was then handed the tablet Steve was holding onto, "What's this?" Tony walked over seeing Carter stand next to Natasha watching the computer screen with intent. Natasha rubbed Carters arm up in a soothing motion. 

"A message. Ultron killed Strucker." 

"And he did a Banksyat the crime scene, just for us. " Tony looked at the tablet he had taken from Thor.  Natasha looked at the group then and wondered aloud, "This is a smoke screen. Why send a message when you've just given a speech?" Steve's arms were crossed over his chest, "Strucker knew something that Ultron wanted us to miss." 

"Yeah, I bet he-" The computer beeped and Nat nodded, "Yeah. Everything we had on Strucker's been erased." Bruce stood next to Carter looking at the screen with interest. "Not everything." Tony looked towards the team once more and motioned them all to follow him to another room. "Carter! I need your help you know where all the file boxes are. I need you to grab them." 

When Carter was finished finding the files, he had brought up around ten boxes all containing files on subjects. "Known associates. Baron Strucker had a lot of friends-" Steve was in disbelief but he knew the truth. Carter sat next to Bruce while Clint was in the corner, Tony stood with Steve and Thor across from the two with Nat standing at the edge of the table. 

"Well, these people are all horrible." Bruce sighed looking at the file in his hands, Tony saw a quick glimpse of a photo in that one, "Wait. I know that guy. From back in the day. He operates off the African coast. Black market arms." Steve looked at Tony with a gaze that made Carter's eyebrows raise.  "There are conventions. All right? You meet people. I didn't sell him anything." Clint came to stood behind Tony and Steve.