Vol 1 Chap 3 - She is a friend of this Princess!

Story By: Choco Lily

Editor: Nutt

Chapter 3

Finally gotten to experience carriage riding for the first time, Xiao Hua decided a car would be the better way of transportation. It was fortunate that she had not gotten motion sickness as the carriage ride was bumpy thanks to the uneven road but her butt was not as lucky.

There was a cushion spread out to cover the seat areas, but it was not thick enough as she preferred, leading her to constantly shifting in her seat to elevate the soreness on her butt. The two maids looked indifferent to the rough ride as they continued chit-chatting between themselves, but once in a while they would steal a glance at Xiao Hua before quickly looked away.

It felt like hours had passed before the carriage slowed down and finally halted. It was wise of her to have grabbed onto the window sides beforehand or else she would fall out of her seat and embarrass herself.

Lightly pushing open a wooden window attached to the carriage wall, she peered out with curious eyes.

What she could gather from her limited view was they were in the middle of the forest because she could only see trees around the place. Xiao Hua did not know much about this world other than what the author had revealed. The author only focused on the events in Guilin Country and how it would grow even more powerful in the future thanks to the contribution from the hero and the heroine of the novel.

The door of the carriage opened and Long Lian poked her head in. "Xiao Hua, let's go clean up a bit."

Clean up? Did she mean cleaning up at a riverside? That idea was very appealing to her numb legs and sore butt, as well as her body that had not been washed for three days straight! As a lowly servant, she gets to bath twice a week, much to Ah Lian's disgust when she faced the same dilemma.

Xiao Hua stepped out of the carriage, careful not to slip as she placed her feet onto a short wooden stand placed before the carriage door.

As soon as the two maids followed to step out of the carriage, the maid in a light orange dress spoke up. "Princess, please allow us to serve you." The other maid in a dark green dress nodded eagerly.

Both of them were Long Lian's inner maids, so she let out a sound of agreement. When the princess tugged Xiao Hua's hand to follow her, the maids' expression twisted as if they had smelt something bitter.

"Princess, with both of us, there's no need for an extra servant to help you."

Long Lian's face revealed an expression that Xiao Hua guessed as annoyance before shifting into one of disinterest. "This Princess did not say Xiao Hua would serve me. She will clean up with me, and both of you will serve this Princess and Xiao Hua."

The two maids would have gaped in disbelief if they had not received strict teaching in controlling their expression well. Earlier, they had not-so-subtly eavesdropped on the conversation where Xiao Hua had been appointed as the Third Prince's maid, which was why they dared to voice out their disagreement, thinking that the princess would only treat the newcomer as a maid.

But...This was out of their expectation!

The orange dressed maid stepped forward with a scandalized expression. "But Princess, she is a servant. How could a servant clean up together with a Princess?"

"Xiao Hua is not my servant. She is a friend of this Princess!"

By now, even Xiao Hua, the ordinary girl, was shocked by the princess' declaration!

In Xiao Hua's case, she was shocked because Long Lian had only known her for seven days! What had Xiao Hua done? She had only offered a plain bun to the princess on the first day because she looked hungry even after eating a bowl full of rice.