Chapter 30 (The decision)

Hey #TLIMMsquad hope y'all doing great. Well here goes the next chapter. I hope you'll love it. Stay beautiful lovelies 😘❤
#TLIMMsquad
#TLIMM  A huge shout out goes to (@nirdini) for being the first commenter on the previous chapter.  I appreciate you hun. 😘
Btw I'm sorry about the previous chapter as it didn't turn out as most of you expected but i want you to know that this story is moving gradually, baby steps. No need to rush things as none of us is in rush i am sure. We can't move on with Malik's feelings if Amal doesn't make decisions, as he said he'll give her all the time she needed. So guys please, bear with me and don't be disappointed cos there's more story to tell.
**************
"I think that would be all for today,you may leave".

Malik dismissed her not glancing at her direction. She stood for some seconds in silence thinking whether to talk to him about it or not.
Still not looking at the spot she was rooted on,he sensed that she was still in his office. He looked up and his eyes met hers for the first time,fighting the urge not to smile,his face gave a confused expression as he questioned spoke.
"That's all Amal,you can go back to your office".

"I want to talk to you,please". She said expectantly.

"Now's not the time Amal,i have a meeting to attend to in a few minutes."

"Maybe later? Or tomorrow?  Or any other day". He finished as he began to adjust his suit jacket getting ready for his meeting.

Amal's face fell in disappointment as she didn't only feel stupid but partially rejected. She didn't utter a word again as she turned on her heels and made her way back to her office.

Exasperated and disappointed, she sat in the chair and loosen her scarf a little as she felt suffocated at the moment. It's just unexplainable to her how someone would admit their feelings to you someday,and then treat you like crap the other day which got her in to thinking and pondering over Malik's feelings to her. Does he truly love her as he said back in Vegas? Or he wasn't sure and he just found out that he doesn't that's why he has been giving her the cold shoulder for the past few weeks. Her head suddenly became occupied with full of thoughts and imaginations that she almost forgot about the work she was supposed to do.

***************
At her office,Zain did her best to meet up with the deadline of her project. With the effort she put into it,she finally made it and it got all done today. To say she was happy was an understatement as not only that her work was done but she has got her boss appreciating and commending every effort she put into that work and the end result of it. Her first instinct was to call Malik and share the good news with him,he congratulated her and told her he will call back later as he was in a meeting at the time she called. She met up with Munira at her office anf shared the good news with her too.

"Yaay congrats honeybunch,your hardwork is not and will never be in vain. I wanna be like you when i grow up". Munira exclaimed giving Zain a tight hug.

"So you're not all grown up now ". Zain replied her between laughs.

"Yeah yeah... " . They both laughed.

"So I've been thinking of asking you to accompany me to Naim's wedding, it's coming up next week. You in?"

"Woah.. your brother in law? " Munira questioned mouth agape.

"There you are answering my question with a question,yes my brother in law duh". Zain rolled her eyes at her.

"Okay fine,I'm in. You know how i love weddings... It's gonna be lit OMG". Munira exclaimed giggling.

It's a week to Naim's wedding and Zain has been nervous about it. She had wanted her sister Aaliyah to accompany her but unfortunately Aaliyah is back at school. Malik's family has been nothing more than a family to her,they've treated her like a child of their own for the past two years of their marriage,even before their marriage they've always been kind and welcoming to her. But there's only one person she's been dreading to meet that's why she's been trying to persuade Munira to go with her which she succeeded at. Aunty Razia,ofcourse Malik's favourite Aunty. Ever since there first encounter,she disliked the vibes the woman gave her. Not that she is not kind,or being mean to Zain but she tends to do everything in even the smallest ways possible to show Zain that she comes from somewhere else,that this is her husband's family not her own family. And she hasn't forgotten how she had been asking about when Zain conceives,Zain feels absolutely off about Aunty Razia because it's not her fault that she hasn't conceived yet. Gifts like birth are things that the Almighty gives a person at the designated time and no matter how eager one is to have it,he won't be able to until he is chosen.