seventeen

I woke up just as the sun was rising. A large pair of arms wrapped around me while a muscled body spooned me from behind. Dax was still asleep and I found myself becoming lost in the moment, enjoying the feeling of his warm skin against mine. As time passed by, the sun began to rise and light slowly beamed through the windowpane. My bladder began to shift and I wiggled in discomfort. I didn't want to get out of my safe haven between Dax's arms, but I also didn't want pee on him. So I shimmied out of his hold and tiptoed to the bathroom in Dax's tee shirt that nearly swallowed me whole.

After freshening myself up, I pulled my hair out of the messy bun that it had been tied up in all night. I let my fingers brush through my long brown locks in hopes of untangling some of the mats. As I exited the bathroom, I watched as Dax's arm reached up to send me a peace sign.

"Good morning," I smiled sheepishly, looking down at my bare legs.

"Good morning, Princesa." He mumbled hoarsely, stretching his limbs from beneath the blanket. I leaned against the wall and bit the inside of my cheek, not sure of what to say. He sat up and rubbed sleep away from his eyes, the window adjacent to us allowing beams of morning sunlight into the small room.

Dax

Sleeping next to Jane had been a God-sent. I was able to protect her at a moment's notice while being able to appreciate her from a perspective I had never seen. Having awoken before her, I watched her breathe deeply in her sleep, her nose twitching slightly in tranquil slumber. I was able to see her long eyelashes and how they splayed across the very edge of her upper eyelid. I was able to see the soft freckles that peppered her tanned skin, dancing across her cheeks and nose as if Van Gogh himself had painted each one with care and purpose. Her lip - oh Lord, her lips. Her bottom lip more full than the top, but both gorgeously pink and desirable. It took every inch of willpower not to press mine against hers. To feel her.

When she woke, I quickly pretended to sleep. And when she quietly tiptoed to the bathroom, I let out a deep sigh of relief. I didn't know what was going on between Jane and me, and quite frankly I didn't want to explore it right now. My job was to protect this woman, not seduce her and make her my own. But fuck, I wanted to.

Jane walked out of the bathroom and I attempted to act cool and collect, despite being anything but. And I swallowed hard at the sight of her in my shirt. It engulfed her small frame, ending around mid-thigh where I so badly wanted to drag my teeth against her skin. A sinful image of me springing out of the twin sized mattress to take her in my arms and throw her on the bed, effectively ripping the Calvin Klein fabric down the middle and ravaging her until her toes curled in ecstasy plagued my mind. I shook the thought away.

"Good morning." She looked down at her feet and I took a deep breath. Did she know what she was doing to me? What she always does to me? Her innocence drove me wild and the most primal urge in my body wanted me to destroy it, to fill her with something a little more tangible.

"Good morning, Princesa." I made a mental note to take my frustration to the shower, so I stretched my arms and legs, and rubbed the crust away from my eyes. I knew that my shorts hung low on my hips, but I made no attempt to remedy that fact because I was going to take them off soon anyway. But when I caught Jane's eyes following the trail down my v-line, I smirk flowered on my lips. All thoughts of my job flew out the window. "I'm going to take a shower, then I'll take you down for breakfast."

"O-Oh, okay, yeah, have fun." Jane sputtered out, still watching me as I walked into the bathroom. I closed the door three-quarters of the way shut, leaving it ajar enough to see the mirror.

Jane

I shook my head, trying to gather my thoughts. My god, I can't take this. I felt like I was going to burst out of my skin. If Dax would've touched me, even if it were the most innocent tap on the shoulder, I probably would've moaned. He had to be doing this on purpose because who in the world just looks like that? To avoid any further sexual frustration, I looked through the duffel bag of clothes Dax had packed for me. Sun dresses, shorts, tank tops, sleeveless blouses. He definitely made sure I was taken care of. To make sure I was safe to change without interruption, I approached the bathroom door to make sure the shower was on. Sure enough, the water was running and I let out a sigh of relief. But before I could get away, I accidentally looked into the mirror which was reflecting the sight of Dax's naked body.

"Holy shit." I gasped quietly, ogling the curvature of his tattooed backside. I rarely ever swore, but I saw this situation fit for a good curse word. Heat pooled at my core and my vocal cords let out an involuntary whine of frustration.

I quickly got dressed in a pair of white jean shorts and a blue tie-dyed tank top. Dax exited the shower, sporting a white cotton towel around his waist, to which I faced the other way.

"Good shower?" I questioned, trying to seem as innocent as possible. No, I hadn't just witnessed nicest bottom my eyes have ever beheld.

"Wonderful," He nodded and strode toward the door, his hand on the knob. "I'm going to get some clothes and then we can get some breakfast."

"Take your time." I whispered as he closed the door behind him. It took Dax just minutes to find an ensemble that made him look completely jaw dropping. In a plain white oversize tank top and black Chino shorts, he smiled at me through the doorway of the guest bedroom.

"Hungry?"

You have no idea.