Chapter Twelve

Ok so I've been slacking a little bit on writing because I can't stop playing Battlefront lmao. Since we're now on the topic of Star Wars.. what did you guys think of The Last Jedi? Not gonna lie I'm a lil disappointed! Ok ya let me know what you think hahaha

I woke up the morning after drinking an amount of alcohol no one should ever consume. The pounding headache I now had would remind me I went too far all day. I was tangled in the sheets and blankets, laying on my stomach with a pillow covering my head. I lifted myself up my elbows slightly, the pillow tumbled over. My eyes were squinted as the sun shined through the curtains making me groan and lay my head back on to the mattress. I slowly turned over to my back, my arm reaching over to rest over my eyes.

My alarm started going off, making me basically want to die. It was blaring a random song I had in my music library and just seemed to be getting louder and louder. I without opening my eyes, I reached for the phone of my bedside table, thanking my drunken self for placing it there, and pressing a button to shut it off.

But that was short lived.

Just as I turned off the alarm, my phone beginning ringing from a phone call. With a grunt I sat up and reached over again to pick it up. Nora's picture and name flashed across my screen.

"Hello?" I answered, my voice slightly rasp.

"Ana, are you sick? You sound sick," her motherly instincts were on high alert as concern filled her voice.

I moved to phone away from my ear slightly, her voice was basically echoing in my head due to my hangover. "No, no, what's up?" I asked, trying to get off the subject. Nora wasn't particularly fond of Julia or I drinking alcohol. Ever since last year when her best friend died from a car accident due to a drunk driver she's been very weary about it.

"Well it's about your father," She started, I was giving her my full attention now. "He's doing okay and the cancer seems to be lessening." Though the positive news, she seemed to be hiding something.

"Well that's good... what's the bad news?" I asked, knowing her too well to be able to hide anything.

She let out a deep sigh. "While the cancer is lessening, they found something else." My father was given five years after his diagnosis of stage two lung cancer that past January. There is always a chance of survival past the time given, but it was rare, especially without the treatment he has now.

I sat up in the bed and ignored the spinning from the sudden reaction. "What is it?" I said urgently.

"While the treatment is helping, his immune system has gone down severely. He developed pneumonia," she explained.

"Well can't they treat that too?"

I heard her sniffle, she was crying. "The medicine for the pneumonia won't mix with the treatment for the cancer. He's currently on an isolated floor to ensure that it doesn't get any worse. His body has to fight off the infection on its own before they can continue anything."

I put my hand over my mouth to stop the sob that almost escaped my mouth. "Well what does this mean?" I asked through a hushed cry. I knew exactly what it meant, but I couldn't get myself to say it.

"It means we've got to pray for a miracle,"

~>~

I talked to Nora for a while more after the tears I had were uncontrollable from the fear of losing my dad. If it wasn't one thing it's another and I didn't know how much more my family could take. We were living on edge at this point knowing anything could happen. The news of my dad was enough to sober me, but the headache was now because of crying and worrying.