{Part Twenty-three} Save us

(TW.)

Richie POV

I watched the many students of Derry High stride out of school at the final bell out of the window in the detention hall. My smart-ass trash-talking self earned me another well deserved hour detention, do I regret calling the teacher a whore? No. I watch the clock tic for the next five minutes thinking about what I'm going to do when I get out of here, not detention though, Derry. While deep in my thoughts about having a whole apartment to myself in LA (also maybe thinking a small hypochondriac might be able to fit in..) I don't notice the angry teacher getting closer and closer to me until I break out of my daydream to see her standing tall an inch away.

"Mr Tozier."

"Yesum" I say in my county accent which pisses her off even more.

"This is your third detention in the last few weeks, you've been caught smoking five times when you were supposed to be in lessons, and now you are violating the staff!" I roll my eyes at that part, not really seeing the point. "Mr Tozier I'm afraid we have had to contact your parents about this matter and we hope they will give you the appropriate consequence." She hisses the last bit at me with an evil snarl on her face. She can see the fear in my eyes as I look down at the table trying to hold myself together. A knock at the door alerts me and I see my mother standing there her arms crossed and her face with a 'I'm over it' look glaring at me. I am then dismissed and without looking up at the dull face of my mother I get into the car trying to get ready for what is about to happen.

"Fathers not happy." She says starting the car with a BANG. "He's waiting at home." My whole body tenses at this new information and all I can do is be strong, I cannot show them I am weak.

When we finally reach home I prepare myself for what I know is about to happen. And so when mother swings open the door I am not surprised when I am greeted with a slap, cold and brutal. I am not surprised when father punches me in the stomach while talking about all the judgement he has gotten from the neighbourhood. I am not surprised when I fall to the floor and my body is met with a swift kick to the ribs. I am surprised however when in between kicks I hear him talk about his work being disturbed by a 'little fucker' knocking on the door. I sit up at that, body aching with numb pain.

"Who?" I ask dreading the answer I knew I would get.

"That Kaspbrak boy, the faggot one, you know the fairy boy." He smirks at the comment he made obviously finding it hilarious.

"Don't fucking call him that" I say standing up.

"Why not?" He asks with a smirk but it quickly fades as he asks the next question. "You're not a queer are you son? Because you know what god does to fags don't you boy? They belong in hell, they should die for what they do." My face turns cold and I let my mouth get the best of me regretfully.

"So what if I am daddy-o? I like a bit of cock me, I'm a little fair-" But before I can finish my sentence which I instantly regret, I am punched in the face and kicked out of the house, I can hear my mothers voice ringing in my ears, a disgust in her tone. I get my bike and ride off to wherever my body takes my, my head still miles behind, and surprise surprise, I end up at Eddie Kaspbraks house.

~~~~~~~~~~~

It's about 5.30pm but because of the winter season it is pitch black already. As I approach the well known household I see little Eds silhouette in his bedroom window dancing around. A smile creeps up my face and I wince at the pain it brings me because of the forming bruises on my pale skin. I throw my bike on the grass and look down at the ground for little rocks to throw up but when I finally gather enough I look up and see Mrs K walking towards a frozen Eddie with what looks like a container, most likely full of pills, in her hand. I watch her reach her other hand and grab Eddies wrist as he struggles to get away. He pulls in every direction he can and when he pulls towards the window our eyes lock, a shocked look plastered on both our faces, until she yanked him back towards her. She grabs his face and pries open his mouth, leaving little red nail marks in his skin afterward, and she takes two of the pills from the mysterious container and shoves it into his mouth. She then drops the pill bottle at the speed of light and squeezes Eddies mouth and nose tightly shut cutting off his oxygen until he swallows the pills. Struggling to breath I watch him swallow and Mrs Kapsbrak pats him on the head and leaves the room, picking up the pills on the way out. We both watch her leave the room, Eddie panting out of breath and after a few seconds for Eddie to catch his breath back I climb up the pipe and knock on the window looking at a broken boy who I want to fix.

"Go away Richie." Eddie says coldly not looking up from the ground for a few moments but when he does he notices the cuts and bruises all over my skin and he runs to the window unlocking it and letting me tumble in. "S-sorry." He apologises and we stand awkwardly for a few seconds not really sure what to do. I go over a hundred options in my head but for me the simplest will work the best, and so I pull Eddie into a tight hug.