15. True Colors.

"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character."

- Albert Einstein

• Picture about is Kina •

************************************************

"Sorry to interrupt but we need to go." Rylan's voice sounded on edge.

"Why?" I asked, my cheeks burning with embarrassment.

"Noah's here." He looked up at Axel, silently having a conversation with their eyes.

"Camila's boyfriend?" Kina asked confused.

Nobody answered Kina's question but Rylan looked down at her before looking back to Axel.

"Come on, we need to go." Axel's voice was now hard and unattached.

Since the kiss, Axel has yet to look at me and I get the feeling he regretted kissing me. I know I'm not the best kisser but I didn't think it went awful, in fact, I thought it was the opposite of awful his lips were so soft and strong and the way they felt against mine was unexplainable.

I'm not sure what possessed me into letting him kiss me. I don't understand why my skin doesn't crawl or my stomach clench when he touches me. I'm confused by the way he looks at me, I can't tell if he likes me or hates my guts.

One minute he has me in a chokehold and the next he's kissing me, one minute he's saving my life and the next we are running away from the police. Everything about Axel Deacon confuses the living hell out of me and I'm not sure I can handle that.

We started making our way to the nearest exit of the mall when a deep voice from behind us made us all stop dead in our tracks.

"Leaving so soon?" His voice was cocky and crude as I remember it to be. My heart started thumping faster and the memories started flooding back.

Axel was the first one to turn around and face him, then Rylan, followed by Kina. I didn't want to turn around, I didn't want to face him.

"Exactly, we are." Axel's voice was low and intimidating.

"Not on my account, I hope." I could hear the smirk that was painted onto Noah's face.

I finally turned around to face Noah and the longer I looked at him the angrier I got. My blood was boiling, I want nothing more than to punch him square in the nose but that probably wasn't the best choice with his 3 bodyguards standing behind him.

That's when I realized this was the first time I've seen Noah since my first day of school. I could tell his left eye was bruised but it was almost fully healed now and he had various cuts scattered around his less than perfect face, but other than that he looked like his usual rotten self.

Remembering how helpless I felt with his hands on my body made me shaking in anger. It scared me how much rage I was carrying with me, despite everything I was never was a violent person even though I had plenty of reason to be. I think I was too scared to stand up for myself. I was too scared of making things worse, I guess deep down I thought they were right, I was nothing more than a waste of space that deserved everything I got.

But something has changed, something about me has changed. I didn't feel scared anymore, it had been replaced with a new but familiar emotion: Rage. The same rage I felt when my mom left me, the same rage that left me screaming into a pillow for hours straight, the same rage that plagued my heart with hate for so long.