3.1

" Almost all absurdity of conduct arises from the imitation of those whom we cannot resemble. "

Samuel Johnson

➴ ➴ ➴ ➴ ➴ ➴

3.1 ; WON'T BE FOOLED AGAIN.

SOMEWHERE BETWEEN SEARCHING FOR the best types of baby formula and Lamaze classes on her laptop, Caroline felt someone staring over her shoulder. The smell of coffee and old books wafted over her.

She grinned as clicked on a Lamaze class that looked promising enough—oh, they had water birth instruction too!

"You know," She said as she checked the times of the next available classes, "if I wanted to have someone hover over my shoulder, I'd go home to my little sister, who's five and thinks everything is the most interesting thing ever."

There was a cough and the sound of something hitting the tile floor. The object, most likely a book, thumped against the floor  before the scrambling sounds of someone hastily trying to pick it up started.

"I'm sorry, I didn't—I didn't realize—" Reid's voice stammered nervously behind her. Paper crinkled and crackled as he adjusted his hold on his normal work load—a cup of coffee, a book (probably from the philosophy area of his vast collection, as he has been in a questioning-the-point-of-existence phase for the past several weeks) and all the reports and files his arms can carry without dropping them.

Caroline laughed at his dorky, but oddly cute, stammering. She twisted around in the and looked at her sweater-vest wearing friend. "Spence, I'm kidding. I don't mind the extra eyes. I could use the help, actually."

He came over and sunk down in the chair beside her, plopping everything in his arms down on the table. She did a quick count—one coffee (extra milk and cream, no foam), a philosophic book by Leo Tolstoy and five files and two bound-back reports. It was light, for him.

She reached over and grabbed his cup of coffee, holding it in her stiff hands as she sat at the freshly polished round table. Hotch had given her the BAU's conference room for the afternoon in order to research all the things Haley had requested in preparation for the baby's arrival. It was supposed to be his job, but she had already finished all of her paperwork for the day and he was too busy to do it, so she just went ahead and volunteered to finish it. So far, she had found three promising Lamaze classes, two suitable baby brand formulas and enough cute onesies to outfit a small nation of very stylish babies.