The BAD girl is always more fun. - ch 9

Put your story text herChapter 9-

Madison-

I was sitting in the waiting room when Kelly came bagging through the doors. I was staring blankly at the wall the only thing that gave it away she was even here was the fact that I heard her squeal my name in her worried voice. I didn't move. I just stared at the wall waiting for the news I knew was to come 'sorry ma'am but your friend is dead' or something maybe like 'oi you. That kid in the other room died you can go home now' that sounded more like something this cruel world would throw at me. "Mads. Tell me what happened?" she said in her pleading voice. I didn't turn as I explained "Killer, he was...he needed some help on a car. I was going to meet him at our work shop at the track. He got there before I did. A guy I beat in a race on Friday afternoon before I went to Jeremy's house was waiting. Apparently he didn't like being beaten by a girl. He shot Killer as soon as he parked in my normal spot. I'm usually the only one in our shed on a Saturday afternoon." I sniffled. Yes I had been crying.

I hated the fact I had, but it was Killer and it looked as if I was the only one here to cry for him, so by god it was up to me. I took a deep breath before continuing "I pulled up just in time to see the guy dragging Killer out of his car" I could hear the steal in my voice now as I thought over the fact someone had tried to shoot my friend. When I didn't speck again Kelly jumped in "What happened to the guy?" she asked worried. I chuckled sadly "he is in that room over there. Guess this brings my total up yet another one, I think that brings it to 33 maybe 34 now." I said and I heard a male gasp. Guess some one over heard me. "I had to drive both of them here, the track can't be found by police. I told them it was a mugging gone wrong and I had beat the crap out of the guy who shot Killer. The cop on the seen luckily knew me so he knew I wasn't lying when I said I had beaten him up" I said still staring at the door in front of me leading to the O.R. Killer is in surgery right now. I don't want to tell the team that Killer died taking a bullet that should have been mine. I didn't want to tell them the guy who was like a younger brother to us all was gone for good "it should have been me" I said in a hushed whisper.

Second's later I heard that familiar snide of a chuckle. My head snapped to find the person it belonged to. Jeremy. He was sitting just beside me and Kelly. Feet out and crossed at the heels and hands leaning back behind his head, eyes closed. The picture of a carefree teen. I clenched my teeth "what the hell is he doing here" I spat and Kelly, blushed. "sorry Mads" she said in a quiet voice that she knew I couldn't get mad at "I just was in such a rush after you called I was talking to Jeremy at the time and grabbed him on the way out" she said. I could hear she was lying, but as I said I couldn't get mad at that voice. "don't lie Kelly, but its fine you don't need to explain" I said looking back at the door.

Jeremy Chuckled again, him on the other hand I could get mad at "WHAT!" I practically screamed. Kelly jumped, Jeremy didn't even flinch not even opening his eyes " you got to stop trying to take everyone's bullets for them Madison. It really isn't healthy." my jaw dropped. He was referring to last night I bet, when I had moved into the line of bullet for his parents. I stood up and walked right in front of him. I pointed a finger into his closed off face "well this bullet was meant for me, so I'm not taking anyone's bullets for them 'and' even if I did, it would be my choice." I lost the angry tone to my voice as I thought of the fact if I was in their it really wouldn't matter so much "besides if I take the bullet for someone else, I would be doing the world a favor" that got him out of his care free position. Eyes wide open hand no longer be hind his head but gripping on to my wrist holding me much closer to him then I like, well I should not like it. "Why?" he said in a smug voice. I opened my mouth, but no words came out.

He smiled in victory and he dropped my arm and went back to his position of utter carefree state. I took a step back. I saw Kelly's appalled face. You see I wasn't struck speechless from his comment, it just hit pretty close to home "Why?" I said in a weak voice. "funny last time it was me who asked 'why'" I turned and walked away. To stand dead in front of the O.R doors waiting for someone to tell me how Killer is...I didn't want to dwell on the past. Well not that particular memory anyways.