CHAPTER TEN

Chapter 10

- Ace King -

"Ace, calm fuck down," Ben yelled, but that didn't help the situation. "He didn't do anything to her."

"Not yet!" I yelled back. "He knows what she looks like now, and where she lives you idiot! He could do anything to her, and I can't help because I'm fucking injured!"

"That's why you have us, right?" Levi assured him. "You know Mia is like a little sister to me. And I'd protected with my life. He's not going to lay a hand on her."

I glared at him, which caused him to take a step back. "He better not, or you're both going to find yourselves dead," I hissed. Levi and Ben usually didn't get affected when I was mad but they looked scared now.

First Jacob and now him? You've got to be fucking kidding me! I thought I got rid of him years ago! He should've died! I could feel the anger running through my veins as my blood boiled. When Levi told me the news, I wanted to rip his head off.

I was going to stand up but Levi and Ben pushed me back down. "Ace, we know that you're angry, but you need to let this go for now. We promise to protect Mia," Ben said.

"You're still hurt," Levi added. "Once you're healed, then you can go kick his ass."

I didn't care if I was hurt. I want to see Mia. I need to. I need her to be with me so I know she's safe and away from him. But they were right. I trusted them to make sure he wasn't anywhere near Mia, and how can I protect her when I'm damaged myself? Once I'm all healed up, I'll make sure that bastard is dead.

Levi and Ben left the room, and I laid on the bed for at least an hour. I couldn't keep my mind off Mia. Was she okay? Is she safe?

I wanted to know so badly. I couldn't take it anymore, so I called her. I was getting a bit worried when it passed five rings, but she eventually picked up.

"Hello," she said tiredly, yawning in the end. I smiled. Thank God she was alright.

"Princess, it's me," I said in the softest voice I could muster. I felt bad for waking her up, but I couldn't help but be happy to hear her voice. I want her beside me.

I want to wrap my arms around her waist and smell the sweet scent of strawberries she brings. I want to see those chocolate brown eyes that I could get lost in forever. I want to see her smile for me. I just want her.

I just hope my damn body heals faster so I can run to her and have her in my arms again.

"Ace? Why are you calling at this time? Are you okay?" She asked, and could hear the worry laced in her voice.

"I'm alright."

"Ugh, then why did you wake me up? I was having a good dream."

"Were you dreaming about me?" I smirked, even though she couldn't see it. I could practically feel her roll her eyes at me.

"Not everything is about you, Ace."

I chuckled. "You know everything is about me."

We talked for a bit before she decided to end the call and sleep for the night.

After few weeks, I was healed. It was easy to lie to my mom when she asked why I was gone for such a long time. I was thrilled to see Mia again, and be able to hug her. She was happy that I felt much better that she decided that we have a date tonight.

Well, it's a date to me.

It was really just us hanging out at her place, but it felt like a date to me. We didn't have to be in a fancy restaurant or anything like that, as long as I have the love of my life with me, then I was happy.

Mia was laying down on her bed, scrolling through Netflix while I was beside her. She'd push my face away when kept blowing on her face, and laugh when I tickled her sides. She glared at me when I made fun of her, and blushed when I would tell her how cute or adorable she is.

"Ace, you have to stop," she groaned, throwing a pillow at me, which I easily caught. "I wanna watch a movie."

"Then hurry up and pick!" I chuckled as she glared at me. I smiled and sat up, pulling her with me. I placed her on my lap, and she didn't argue. I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her closer to me, and burring my head in the crook of her neck.

The door suddenly opened, and I looked to see it was my dad. He froze, and looked at me with wide eyes as I just stared at him with the same expression.

What the hell was he doing here? Wasn't he supposed to be in Spain for another week? And why the fuck is he in Mia's house and not at home?

"Ace..." his voice trailed off, and I could scene a bit of fear in his voice.

"What are you doing here?" I snapped, not caring if I sounded harsh.

I felt Mia sink further into my embrace, and I felt guilty for sounding mean in front of her. But I needed answers, and I needed them now.

"I'm staying with the White family for a few days," he announced, and I glared at him. "I know why you're thinking. I should just go home. But it's... complicated."

"And why is it complicated?"

If he had another fight with mom, it was fine because they had fought from time to time like couples do, but eventually, they would always make up. I don't understand why he just didn't go home. If he didn't want to go home, why didn't I stay at a hotel or something?

Hell! Why did he even come back from Spain at all!?

I looked at Mia and she shyly smiled. "Did you know he was here?"

"Yes, but he said that my parents allowed him to stay, and I thought it was none of my business. I guess I forgot to tell you because you were hurt."

I looked at my dad. "When did you come here?"

"A few weeks ago," he replied, scratching the back of his neck. He suddenly looked at me with a serious expression. "You can not tell your mother about this."

"And why the hell not? What are you not telling me?"

He looked hesitant to answer, fear in his eyes. It was something I never saw before. My dad's a strong man. He used to think that he'd never fall in love until he met my mom. He's always ruthless, except when it comes to her. And when I was born, he was very protective of me.

I guess I got those genes from my dad and the cooking from my mom.

"I did something unforgivable, and I'm sorry Ace. Just know that I didn't mean to do this to you."

He looked at me with sorrow, and averted his eyes in shame. What exactly did he do?

"Back in Spain, there was a slight... issue, and I had no choice."

What he said practically made me want to kill him.

"You're going to marry Mindy Summer."

••• - ••• - •••

You're planning on killing me, aren't you?

What do you think is going to happen next?

Comment and vote for more!