24 - Incomplete

The first thing that registered in my mind was that I was warm. Very, very, very warm. Like I had somehow stepped off a train and ended up dead smack next to the equator. In fact, my entire body was covered in a small sheen of sweat.

The next thing was that there was someone on top of me.

I opened my eyes and yelped. My heart rate increased dramatically when I realized the situation I was currently in. Or rather, the situation I was currently stuck under.

"Shhh..." Lucian mumbled in his sleep. He was laying on top of me. I could feel every part of his body on mine. His legs were longer and hung off the edge of the bed. His face was buried into the crook of my neck, hands on either side which caged me in. The weight wasn't enough to cause my breathing to leave me but enough to cause incredible discomfort. Not to mention, every touch of his skin set mine on fire.

And his hair smelled like coconuts.

Also, he had no shirt on.

"Lucian, get off me!" I shrieked. Sleep was completely erased from my mind as I struggled to get out from under him. I didn't even know werewolves could sleep. I figured he was like Edward Cullen. Stayed up all night and watched me sleep like a stalker. Lucian growled incoherently under his breath but made no move to release me. His muscles were taut on my fingers when I pushed. They felt kind of squishy but held a certain kind of hardness underneath. Is that was muscles were even supposed to feel like? 

Well, I had no freaking clue.

"No." He replied stubbornly. Lucian turned his head, his lips brushing over the bite mark ever so briefly. I gasped as a tingle emanated from that single spot, filling my stomach with a wonderful warmth. He kissed my shoulder and promptly relaxed, once again in his slumber with no thought of how I might feel.

"Lucian!" I whined, tugging his ears. He swatted my fingers away tiredly and moved his face once again so that I felt his rough stubble scratch my cheek. Talk about uncomfortable. And horribly sexy. After a moment of thinking, I decided that desperation would be motive enough. With a sigh, I turned my head and began trailing small kisses along his shoulder.

That definitely got a reaction.

Lucian pushed himself up, smirking. His hair was messy but it looked as though he had just styled it to look like that. Strands fell across his grey eyes, which were half shut with sleep but twinkled with mischief. The muscles on his chest and arms were tan and perfectly sculpted. A black necklace made of leather hung in the air from his neck as he leaned over me. It had a pendant of some sort of fossil tooth with a black anchor beside it.

To summarize: He was gorgeous but not the sight I wanted to see first thing in the morning. A large part of that reason was because of the sinful feelings that curled in my stomach when I looked at him.

"Good morning, Victoria." He smiled, showing perfect white teeth. Why oh why did he have to be so perfect? Lucian brushed away the hair from my face with one finger, leaving a trail of tingles burning in his wake. Heat ran through my face at the intimate gesture. Lucian was above me now, his hands on either side of my face so that I was surrounded by his warmth. And it bought me a comfort that I utterly despised. Genie would never feel like this again.

Lucian suddenly shifted so that we were side by side facing each other. I found myself unable to speak for a few seconds. 

"Hello." I finally replied. Well, at least I didn't say something completely idiotic. Lucian smiled again at some secret joke between the air and himself. I stared straight at the ceiling, stiff as a board. We had stayed the night at Riverwells, too tired to drive back home. Lucian made me walk all the way to the top floor of the school to avoid running into any teachers, where all the empty bedrooms were. Lucian cleared his throat. Then, he proceeded to give me a strange look when I stared.