Chapter 19: Black Past Revealed

"Master Harry, Miss Hermione Granger is here to see you," Kreacher announced from the entrance to the sitting room.

"Good, thanks," said Harry. "You did tell her just to come in here, didn't you?"

"I knew that on my own," Hermione said, from behind the house-elf.

"Master Harry is in the sitting room if you wish to see him," Kreacher belatedly informed her.

"Thank you, Kreacher," she said kindly.

"Morning, Hermione," Harry smiled.

"Good morning."

"So-"

"I'm seeing Draco," she hurriedly announced.

Harry's eyes widened at the forwardness of her statement, but slowly a lopsided smile tugged at the corner of his mouth. "No need to beat around the bush. You can be frank with me," he teasingly remarked.

"I'm sorry, Harry," Hermione apologized. "I know this is-"

"It's okay, Hermione," he interrupted her.

"It is?" she asked anxiously.

"Yeah," he said with a small shrug. "I mean, after what we saw, I kind of figured you guys would give something a try at some point. I'm still a little surprised, I admit. Last I knew, you still weren't letting him see Aurelian. I thought maybe you were making negotiations when I left yesterday, not…"

"I changed my mind. He came over for dinner on Friday to play with Aurelian. Last night, he came to dinner… er… for me, too," Hermione fidgeted as she said it and glanced up at Harry when she was through. "You're really not… er…"

"Upset? No. Does it feel awkward? Well…" Harry rubbed the back of his head. "Just be careful with this. Both of you. Right?"

Hermione smiled and nodded.

"So, uh… yeah…" Harry said uncomfortably. "About Ron…"

"He's not going to take this well," Hermione assisted him.

"Yeah. It's not that he's… He didn't see what we did in the pensieve. Had I not seen it myself, I don't think I'd take this as well, either."

"Nor I!" Hermione agreed. "Nor Draco. I guess some things are just too hard to imagine without help. Just… How bad do you think it will be?"

"With Ron, it's hard to tell, but I think he might surprise you," Harry told her honestly. "He won't like it, but I think he's had to play around with the idea a bit already. I mean, Ron understands the basic biology of it. Aurelian had to happen somehow."

"Oh Godric, Harry," Hermione whimpered, covering her face in mortification.

"Yeah… that was a little too deep into it," Harry swallowed hard.

"Morning," Draco greeted as he walked into the room.

"Master Harry, Draco Malfoy is here to see you," Kreacher croaked. "Kreacher informed him that he may seek you here."

Harry and Hermione stared at Draco, both blushing a deep crimson color.

"What?" Draco asked, confused by their welcome, or lack thereof.

"Nothing," Harry said hurriedly. "We were just talking. Eh, good morning."

"Morning," Hermione said quietly, her cheeks getting hotter when she remembered the light kiss on the cheek she had received the evening before.

"Well," said Harry, glancing at his watch, "it looks like we're running just on schedule. Andromeda asked us to be there about eleven. Since neither of us mentioned the floo, we'll be arriving by Apparition. Do you know where it is, Malfoy?"