Chapter 7

"If I told you we could bathe in all the lightsWould you rise up, come and meet me in the sky?Would you trust me when you're jumping from the heights?Would you fall in the name of love?"

Would you rise up, come and meet me in the sky?
Would you trust me when you're jumping from the heights?
Would you fall in the name of love?"

"If I told you we could bathe in all the lightsWould you rise up, come and meet me in the sky?Would you trust me when you're jumping from the heights?Would you fall in the name of love?"

Ingrid's POV

I was in the kitchen waiting for my father's coffee to brew and I gazed out of the window as I watched the wind blow the trees. I hadn't heard from Tristian in two days and it made me slightly upset. It was partially my fault though. I was so embarrassed about what happened at the gym and locker room that I couldn't bear to even look at my phone.

He probably thinks I'm just a foolish girl who has no idea what the real world is and once I get a taste, I run away crying.... Which isn't entirely wrong. Everytime I try to branch out of my little shell I'm either pulled back in by my parents and pulled in willingly by my own self.

Yesterday, I was supposed to spend an hour or two with Amber and May but Amber never came to pick me up. I had called her a few times but she never answered. I didn't mind much though. I would much rather stay at home than go to some bar or club and possibly risk the chance of me getting in trouble again.

I finished up with my father's coffee and I started walking towards his office. I could hear him down the hall faintly as he spoke over the phone.

" We can talk about the arrangements next week... that is if your boy is going to show up. " He paused for a second and I listened in slightly.

" With all the history on his records.. do you really think he'll have a positive impact on the future of our business together?.... " I opened his office door and he glanced up at me as he sighed.

" I guess you're right. I just hope this all goes as smooth as possible. " I placed his coffee down on his desk and wrapped one arm around my stomach to hold onto my other arm as I waited for him to direct his attention over to me. He ended the call and took a sip of the coffee. He placed it back on the desk and looked over to me.

" Did you finish organizing the files I gave you this last night? " I nodded my head.

" I-I sent them all to your hard drive this morning " He nodded his head and turned back to his computer.