Chapter 6

I heard the dwarves banging and yelling, trying to get out of the dungeons. I had to be quick and try and get them out of there as fast as I could.

I needed to see Thranduil.

As I began to walk up I saw the one dwarf and Thranduil was talking to him.

"Some may imagine that a noble quest is at hand. A quest to reclaim a homeland and slay a dragon. I myself suspected a more prosaic motive. Attempted burglary. Or something of that ilk. You have found a way in." Thranduil had begun to say, while circling the dwarf.

"You seek that which would bestow upon you the right to rule. The kings jewel. The Arkenstone." Thranduil said backing away from the dwarf.

Arkenstone? Where have I heard that name before? I wondered to myself, but kept quiet to hear more of the conversation.

"It is precious to you beyond any measure. I understand that. There are gems in the mountain that I too desire. White gems of pure starlight. I offer you my help." Thranduil said.

The dwarf chuckled and said "I am listening."

"I will let you go if you but return what is mine." Thranduil said.

The dwarf began to think.

"A favor for a favor." The dwarf began to say.

"You have my word. One King to another." Thranduil said quickly.

I decided to step in before anything happened, but I came to late.

"I would not trust Thranduil the great king to honor his word should the end of all days be upon us. You who lack all honor! I have seen how you treat your friends. We came to you once starving, homeless, seeking your help. But you turned your back!" The dwarf yelled.

"Enough you two!" I yelled.

They both looked at me before looking at each other again.

"Do not talk to me of dragon fire! I know its wraith and ruin." Thranduil said to the dwarf, and part of his skin on one side of his face began to go away.

I gasped.

"I have faced the great serpents of the North." Thranduil said, before his face came back to normal and he stepped away from the dwarf.

"Thranduil, you should let them go. They've done no wrong." I said.

"Amara! Silence!" Thranduil yelled.

"I cannot be silent, when I stick up for things I believe in!" I yelled back.

"Thranduil, what if you had lost your home to something you couldnt control. What if you came to them needing their help? Put yourself in their shoes and see how it would feel." I told him.

The dwarf looked at me with gentle eyes. I couldnt let them rot in there.

Thranduil ignored me once again and had the guards take the dwarf.

"No! Thranduil please I'm begging you!" I said.

"Stay here if you will and rot. A hundred years is a mere blink in the life of an Elf. I'm patient. I can wait." Thranduil said.

I was angry. I stormed after the guards and followed them to where ever they were taking him.

"Amara!" King Thranduil yelled.

I ignored and kept walking.

I followed and they put him in another dungeon, where the dwarfs were at.

The guard took him and shoved him in there.

I quickly stood in front of the cage door, before he could close it.