Chapter 22 - Marcus Pierce

Chapter 22
Marcus Pierce

"Whose clothes are you wearing?" my mate asks me as he stands up from sitting on the couch, his eyes raking from my face down to my feet. His voice is latched with suspicious and... jealousy that it's enough to make my wolf really happy. I resist the urge to grin like a maniac.

Nigel's hair is still wet, and a towel is placed on his shoulder. And the fact that he's only wearing a grey sweatpants is enough to make me crazy. I just want to run my tongue out across his body and taste him. There will be a time that will happen, but for now, I'll just pleasure myself by looking into his angelic face and his beautiful physique.

"Hey mister, you're not answering my question. And where have you been?" He raises his eyebrow at me as he snaps his finger, dragging me out of my reverie.

I walk towards him and that makes him step back until he falls back on the couch. I lean down and watch his eyes. I could get lost in it. His eyes are the most beautiful pair I've ever seen. I know I've said that a million times, both vocally and mentally, but I just can't get enough of it. It's like I'm looking into a million of dreams, into a million of possibilities, into the galaxy. My heart swells with happiness as I look into his eyes. I can't believe this man is my mate. I can't wait to spend my life with him forever. I can imagine the life we'll have – we will have a lot of pups, and we will raise them together. We could have a lot of dozen of girls and boys. I could think of what their names are going to be. Nigel would scold them for having such a high energy and I'd stick with my kids while I tell them that their papa is just a monster in disguise. And then Nigel would smack the back of my head, making our pups laugh. Then every year, every anniversary, we'd get married just to celebrate the love we're sharing.

"... um, Marcus?"

Leaning down, I cup his face while I plant a kiss on his forehead. My mate blushes and lets his bangs fall, which covers his eyes. I hate that. I love to see his eyes. His eyes that always remind me of our future would look like. Combing his hair backwards, his eyes hold mine and I rest my forehead against his. His minty breath fans my face, and I love the smell of his mouth. And his kissable lips that just beg to be kissed. Oh God, those lips are so perfect.

"I just spoke with a friend," I tell him as I give him a smile, tweaking his nose, which makes him scrunch his nose up in a cute manner. I laugh softly, finding him so adorable. My adorable mate. "And this clothes, it belongs to him."

"Him, huh?"

I let out a chuckle. As much as I enjoy seeing him be jealous, I don't want him to feel like every man is a threat to him. I don't want him to feel like any man could steal me away from him. And I don't want him to think that he's not enough for me. Because he is. He's all I need for my life. Heck, I can't even wait to introduce him to all the werewolves and people as my mate. And if you haven't noticed, I'm a stick-to-one kind of guy.

"Don't be jealous," I say.

"No, I'm not. Why would I be jealous?"

"Because you're mine and I'm yours?" I tell him, which catches him off guard. I like that. His eyes are wide, letting me have a clear view of his beautiful eyes. His lips are slightly parted and I just want to lean down and capture his lips, to feel it burning against mine. Moving slowly. "You all have every right to be jealous. If I'm not sending a clear message, I could just say it to you every single day: I'm all yours, Nigel Quintin Ulysses."

Grabbing his hand, I place a kiss at the back of it as I watch his eyes and smile at him. Just when I thought his eyes couldn't get any wider. His blush deepens. He wants to avert his eyes away from mine, but I see the struggle.