Fly away

'A drop in the ocean
A change in the weather
I was praying that you and me might end up together
It's like wishing for rain as I stand in the desert.'

***

***

'Harry!' Hermione exclaimed as she flung into his arms, almost knocking him to the ground.
And she hugged Ginny with the same rush, tears still running down her cheeks. Ginny hugged her tightly, she had missed Hermione drastically. She was her best friend and apart from Luna also only friend. Since Luna had somehow dragged Neville with her to Norway for the "special nargles". She was left with her brothers and Harry.

'Hello Miss Granger, Kreacher made lasagna. Miss Granger's favorite.' Hermione heard Kreacher say.

Hermione smiled, knowing how much he had changed since they started being nicer to him. 'Thank you Kreacher, you can call me Hermione.'

Kreacher smiled brightly, 'Thank you Hermione!'

He disappeared quickly, to the kitchen probably. And Hermione looked back at Ginny and Harry.

'He's doing great,' Ginny answered the unasked question.

They walked towards the dining table and the smell of the lasagna was very pleasant. Ginny observed Hermione closely, she seems stressed. Her movements were overly controlled, like she even thought about how she would reach for her glass of water. Her smile seemed forced and the tears were still glistening in her eyes.

'Tell me what's going on,' Ginny finally said.
Hermione looked up from her plate and slowly her smile broke and tears ran down her cheeks.

'I did like the guy Ginny. We didn't have anything, barely a friendship. But we fought and he left town, leaving me and his sister behind. Elena either hates me or she misses me, she sends me glared when I'm with her. And when I'm not there she misses me. My friend, Niklaus's sister was really mean to me last time. And I can't figure out whether she thinks I'm a clingy friend, or did I say something mean? The only one I can talk to is my brother, but he can't always be there. And Elena always manages to get into trouble... I just... after the war... I can't do this anymore... I thought it would've been over after all we've been through and now I feel like I'm doing this all over again. I don't want another seven years of hectic events! Yes, I wouldn't want to change the last seven years. It had downs but also ups, it proved that love is the most powerful force out there. But now I've learned it, I've learned it all. I don't need to go through this again,' Hermione ranted.

Ginny looked her straight in the eyes, 'Why don't you stop it then?'

Hermione frowned, 'What do you mean?'

Ginny answered, 'You know... I know you don't want to expose yourself. But they're your family, don't they kind of deserve to know? If you tell them what you are, you could stop it and bring peace. You are more powerful then all of your problems in Mystic Falls together. And if you're not you can ring us.'

Hermione had always denied telling them what she was, but now she did see Ginny's point.

'Yes, you're right. I'm going back and I'm going to tell them,' Hermione stated.

Harry shook his head, 'No way in hell. You're going to stay here until you feel better. It's Hermione time now, you're not supposed to care about others at the moment.'

Hermione smiled at the two of her three best friends, they were always right. And sometimes smarter then she was, except for Ron, he was never right or smarter than her. Unless you're counting a game of chess.

'Where's Ron anyway?' Hermione asked.

Ginny sighed, 'The idiot is in the hospital, he was very stubborn when we told him you shouldn't remove doxy's without a good form of protection.'

Hermione began laughing, but Harry interrupted her laugh.

'That's not all, his wand was upstairs. He couldn't stop them, who leaves their wand behind?'

Hermione almost choked on her food, she just couldn't help it. But seeing as Ginny and Harry were here joking about it and not worried in the hospital, it couldn't be that serious.

{}{}{}

The Salvatore boarding house was quiet, only a few sobs were heard from Elena. Rebekah's face was like stone and Jeremy looked at his lap, knowing it had been coming for awhile. After all Hermione had been through she couldn't just continue on with life, he had asked Harry to explain everything at the phone when Hermione was with Niklaus. Knowing his sister had gone through that was terrible.

'Why... why... did she do this... Again?' Elena cried out.

Damon shrugged, 'I don't know. Maybe she isn't worth your time, this is the second time she did this. Maybe it's just better like this.'

Jeremy was seething, he was glaring at Damon intensely.

'How. Dare. You?! You have no idea what she's been through! She just couldn't handle it anymore, this is what any sane person in her position would do,' Jeremy yelled.

Rebekah answered with a voice cold as ice, 'That may be true, but she let me down. I needed her.'

Jeremy raised his eyebrow, 'And could there have been a reason why she let you down?'

Rebekah looked at her hands as she remembered what she had said at the barbecue. Jeremy turned towards Elena, 'And you?'

She looked down at her hands too, remembering what she had done. Not once, but twice.

Jeremy nodded, 'I thought so, she wrote it in my letter.'

Damon sat straight, 'But you said she had been through a lot?'

Jeremy nodded again, 'She's been through hell, a hell worse than any of us could imagine.'

The room went silent, because everyone knew all of them had been through hell. And all of them knew, Jeremy knew that too. Which means he had to be right.

Please vote and comment your opinions! I love to hear them!❤️ I enjoy interacting with my readers! What crossover would you like to read next? Which actress would you like to play a main character?