Chapter 19

Percy had lost the last place he could really call home. This time, forever.

Kira, Wanda and Percy sat exhausted at the side of the road. It was getting dark and they had been walking during a long time, Kira was whining  about how tired she was.

"Percyyyy" Kira said. "I'm tired!"

"We know, Kira. Just a little longer." Wanda reassured her.

"But I wanna sleep!" She whined. "We've been walking for ever, now. I'm tired!"

"How can you be tired of walking if you are on my back?" Percy asked her.

"Watching you walk tires me!" She whined.

Wanda snickered at her comment. "Why don't we stop to test?" She said. "We're all tired."

Percy didn't want to stop walking. He knew that if he didn't keep his mind distracted, he would break down after losing the right to go to Camp. However, he also knew that they had to rest at some point.

"Alright." He said. "Let's rest."

"Yay! Kira gets to sleep!" For some reason, Kira had acquired the habit of talking about her in third person while at Camp. Percy could only accuse the Stoll brothers.

Percy put Kira down and looked around for some place comfortable enough to pass the night. His gaze drifted towards a nearby forest. HE sighed. Better that than nothing.

"Let's go over there." He pointed at the trees.

"To the forest?" Kira asked. "Won't, you know... Come the Big Bad Wolf?"

Wanda smiled. "Dont' worry. We will protect you if he comes."

Percy smiled too, but he was hoping not to have an encounter with Lycaon and his pack. That would be a great trouble.

-----

Half an hour later, Wanda and Percy had managed to build a little wall using a rock and smaller stones so they could be reassured from the wind. Kira was delighted by they work, but the satisfaction and proudness lasted a really few time.

"I'm hungry!" Kira whined.

"Hi hungry, I'm Percy." Percy said. Of course, Wanda smacked him.

"Not the best time to make dad jokes, Percy. Got something in that backpack?" She said.

Percy unzipped his back. "I got some apples before we fled from the Camp. Think fast, Kira!" He threw her a big, red apple. The fruit hit her square in her forehead and fell to the ground.

"Ouch."

Kira rubbed the spot where the apple hit her and then she grabed and examined it. "I don't like vegetables..." She said.

"That's not a vegetable, Kira." Wanda said. "It's a fruit."

"Oh! Then, it's okay!" Kira bit a chunk of the apple and chewed it noisly.

Percy laughed and leaned over his backpack. "Here, I've got another for you." He handed her another apple to Wanda.

"There aren't more?" She asked. "What will you eat, then?"

Percy waved it off. "Don't worry. I've already been without eating before."

"Oh! Don't worry, we can share." Wanda said. "Let me just..." She used her powers to split the apple in two halves. "Here."

Percy didn't move to take it.

"I'm not eating." He said. "You need it. You are still weak from the poison."