Ecstasy for Eleven

Immediately after setting foot off the train, the heaviness that accompanied Rachael back in the city disappeared. Putting a secure hand on her suitcase, she wheeled it up the platform and through the exit, picking up her pace as she saw a taxi pull into the bay. 

She yanked the door open and slid in, pulling her luggage in behind.

She was glad to see another omega operating the wheel, the wide-set woman turning to acknowledge her entrance.

"Where to?"

Rachael rattled off her address and sat back, closing her eyes as the radio played softly in the background.

Somehow she had managed to excuse herself from boxing day shopping with her mother, becoming antsy to return back home. The older lady was not pleased that Rachael had hardly stayed for three full days, but Rachael pacified her by promising to try and visit for New Years.

Or even better, why don't you come and visit me for a day?

After all, her parents owned a car, unlike her. She had to make a trek on public transport every time she needed to be somewhere.

When she got home, she busied herself with unpacking her bags, time fading into mid-afternoon as she eased back into her comfort zone.

She picked up Tina's present from her closet and held it between her fingers pensively, musing over whether or whether not to just go around to her house and give it to her- get it over and done with.

"Oh hell," she whispered to herself, exasperated by her own indecision.

They weren't teenagers anymore, for goodness sake.

She pulled on her outerwear once again and left the house, mind made up.

During the journey, she thought about the revelation she'd had at her parents house. The fact that she didn't belong in the city anymore. 

There wasn't a point to dithering around in her house when she had a good friend to make up with. She'd decided now that she planned to be in the country longer than initially anticipated- she was going to make the most of it.

She walked up to the front of Tina's two story maisonette, feet crunching through the leftover slush that still covered the ground, and tapped her knuckles firmly against the wooden door.

The seconds passed and Rachael tuned in to the sound of music and laughter coming from the inside. The sounds peaked her attention and she adjusted her stance, turning her head to the left and squinting a bit so she could see through the gap in the curtain. 

There were people dancing together in front of the TV, holding motion sensor remotes in their hands, someone had shifted and was chasing Liam around in wolf form, and Tina was laughing with someone, hands slapping her knees in a fit of giggles.

It was... nice.

Suddenly the door swung open, heat blasting Rachael in the face.

She looked up and smiled.

"Hi Gray," she said.

"Oh, hey Rachael. Sorry for the wait, come on in."

She stepped inside the toasty hallway and wiped her feet on the doormat, Graham shutting the door behind her.

"Some of the pack's actually here at the moment." He started, watching as she unzipped her coat. "Did you come to speak to Tina?"

Rachael nodded and sighed, pulling the girl's wrapped gift out from her bag. "Did she tell you we had a bit of a disagreement at work?"