Self Destruction

This is following the one-shot of Fell in Love at a Rock Show. The blossick point of view. It's angsty so read at your own risk, but the ending is semi happy.

Music Suggestion ((In order for each section))

Sign of the Times - Harry Styles

Impossible - Shontelle

Can You Hold Me - NF

Medicine - Daughter

They both were so tired, tired of screaming and crying and yelling. Tired of looking at the other as both an enemy and a lover. They couldn't remember what lead them here and they were scared of where they were going, because they knew after tonight, where ever they were going, it wouldn't be together.

"Well fuck, Bloss, look at the mess we've made.." The young man spoke, voice cracked and hoarse as he looked around the room.

She knew he wasn't talking about the glass and torn pieces of paper and the flipped over mattress. He was talking about the memories they've both made together and how each one was contaminated with all the fighting and words they couldn't take back.

She sniffled, harshly wiping her puffy eyes, "I've been accepted into Harvard.."

He glared at the ground, burning holes into a broken mix tape, he'd worked on for a whole week freshman year. He ignored her statement, the only acknowledgement he'd given was a slight flinch.

Tears still streaming down her red cheeks, "Did you hear me, Brick? I'm leaving and I won't be coming back!" He still stayed silent, his back facing her, which only drove her anger, "Do you EVEN CARE?! I'M FUCKING LEAVING, BRICK AND, AND WHAT?! WHAT?! YOU JUST-!" She hiccuped, as her heart fell into teeny-tiny pieces, "You just don't care anymore? Is that it? Or.. or did you never even care? About us.. about me.."

They both stood in silence before Blossom couldn't take it anymore and kicked the glass shards out of her way and left the motel room, slamming the door harshly.

Brick listened to her heavy sobs as she left, walking right out of his life. The door slamming right on the heart strings that connected them. And with that, his facade gave and he let out a harsh, choked scream and fell onto his knees. Deep, heartwrenching sobs erupted from his chest and whatever composure he was holding onto broke apart.

He wanted to get up and run to her, stop her from leaving and hold her till the end of time. He wanted this to be some kind of nightmare, so he could wake up with her, wrapped in eachothers arms. Mostly he didn't want to be the one to make her cry. That's what held him back.

He picked up the smashed mix tape, and stared at it harshly, forcefully blinking away his tears. He had been listening to it on the subway when he'd first met Blossom. She'd come in, teary eyed, make up smeared, hair tangled and in a pink knee length gown. She looked scared as she looked around the train cart and then she met his eyes. And he scooted over to make room for her. She sat next to him and he extended one of his earbuds. The rest was history.

He hugged it tightly to his chest and heaved forward, letting the tears and snot wash down his face. He felt hollow and guilty and sick and sad and broken.

* * *

Blossom speed walked away from the run down motel. She should of never stayed behind, she should of took her scholarship, back when she graduated highschool and left this god forsaken town. Except she didn't, she stayed. Stayed for her family and for Brick and look where it got her...