She's Remembering

(Winter's P.O.V.)

Tony had delayed the video camera footage for eight and a half hours, long enough for everyone to be found, get suited up, board the jet and make it most of the way there. He had also got off the jet once we were over Russia to go ahead in case she was trying to run early.

What he didn't expect was that she would be awake making something to eat in the dead of night. Or that HYDRA had also found her and a gun fight would be taking place soon after he showed up.

What he was expecting was a fake name-Jennifer Forsyth,- a new appearance-blonde hair, blue eyes and tanner skin than we were used too,- and her to sneak off. Only two of those ended up happening.

We were only fifteen minutes out when she asked if it was Tony outside of her window earlier. Everyone on the quinjet readied their weapons and grabbed extra ammunition, just in case. We were thirteen minutes out when the first shot goes off and hear Tony sigh and say "hurry up."

More gun fire.

At 12 minutes out we hear Jess say 'cover me.' And screams from who we assume are HYDRA agents.

At nine minutes out we smile as we hear 'TONY THIS IS THE EXACT REASON WHY I SAID NOT TO LOOK FOR ME! I DOUBTED THAT YOU HAD A SECURE CONNECTION THAT HYDRA COULDN'T GET INTO!'
'YAH WELL HOW THE HELL WAS I SUPPOSED TO EXPECT TO ACTUALLY FIND YOU?'
'CAUSE YOUR TONY STARK! A FLIPPING GENIUS!'
'THANKS AND ALL BUT-WATCH OUT!' A loud bang is heard from our coms and I start to worry, and judging by the looks on the faces of everyone else they do too.

At one minute out we stand close to the doors with our weapons at ready. Clint opens the door early so we can see what's going on. Half the house is in flames and Tony is still flying around shooting at HYDRA agents. I see Jess appear from thin air but only for a second until she turns invisible again.

As the jet lands out team runs off and makes sure there are no stragglers that could get a cheap shot in as we leave. No agent is left alive after Tony and Jess took them on. Through our coms I hear Vision ask "is it a normal thing for agents to be partially ah, melted?" Only for Sam to say "Jess probably got mad and started chucking fire around. Move on."

I chuckle at the thought of what Vision might have thought happened to them. Jess might not like killing but it was how she was raised. It's how she-we-survived in our shared hell.

By the time that we have cleared the area and look for Jess we can't find her, until Steve comes back out of the jet right after entering it. "She's on a medical bed in the quinjet. I don't know when she got in there but she is."
"IS LADY OF SILVER ALRIGHT?"
"Thor lower the voice, she's asleep or unconscious. Nat where's Bruce?"
"He wanted to do a quick look around as Bruce instead of the Hulk."
Using his ear com he calls for Bruce "Bruce come back here. We need medical assistance."
"On my way."
"The rest of us will salvage what we can. I'm sure that she will want something 'home' like when she wakes up."

We disperse into the remains of the house. Only half is standing and it seams that the bedroom, computer room, and armoury were in that half.

"I'll get things from the bedroom. Wanda, Nat want to help me?"
"Sure"
"On it."

Sam, Steve, and Thor go to the armoury and fill a duffle bag that was left and head back to the jet.

Vision, Tony and Clint go to the computer room and grab a few things. Like the hard drive that she took out and the USB stick.