lix.

warning: explicit language

"Everyone has gone through something that has changed them in a way that they could never go back to the person they once were."

-Unknown

***

Eungi's eyes widened, and she stopped looking for a newspaper and instead stared at Namjoon. "I'm sorry...?"

"Jimin." Namjoon's voice sounded rough saying his name. It was a name he'd held to himself, preserving the memory of the precious 4-year-old who had told Namjoon that he was his favorite. "You took Jimin, and I want him back."

"I think you're mistaken..." Eungi said, shaking her head, her brow furrowed. "Mr. Kim, I understand that you've been through a lot, but accusing random people is-"

"I don't care what explanation you have or how you're going to try to say it was okay or that it wasn't you," Namjoon interrupted, his tone pleasant but his mood angry. "I just want my son back, and then I'll leave."

"Mr. Kim, I don't have-"

"JIMIN!" Namjoon yelled, standing up and cupping his hands over his mouth. By shouting Jimin's name, he felt as though he were finally acknowledging Jimin's disappearance, which he had tried to soften the blow, but now he felt close, so close. "JIMINIE!" he yelled, his heart clenching.

"Mr. Kim! I don't know what you're trying to do but-"

"JIMINIE! IT'S ME! DADDY! I'M HERE!" Namjoon yelled, turning and staring at the ceiling.

There was a long moment of silence.

"See, Mr. Kim?" Eungi asked, taking another sip of tea. "Like I told you, he isn't-"

There was a squeak as soft feet padded over a loose board, and a soft voice followed. "Mommy?"

***

Lisa ran into the station. "Namjoon, are you ready-"

The station was empty.

Namjoon was gone.

The kids were gone.

"Shit, shit, shit," Lisa cursed, running back out to her car.

Of course he wouldn't wait for me when his son could be this close.

But what if something goes wrong?

What if Jimin's not there?

Lisa wasn't sure who she was more worried for - Namjoon, or Song Eungi in the case that she was innocent and Namjoon couldn't handle it.

Lisa fumbled with her keys, cursing as she dropped them in the snow and rooting around with them with her bare hand before finally snagging the metal and unlocking the car. She hopped in and jammed the key in the ignition, turning on the heaters all the way and putting on her seat belt.

Let's hope I can make it in time.

She slammed the gear into drive and hit the pedal.

***

"Mommy?"

Namjoon froze and turned to look at the source of the voice. His heart stopped in his chest like it had forgotten how to beat; his lungs stopped from within his ribs like they had forgotten how to breathe; his thoughts in his mind stopped like they had forgotten how to form.

Jimin wasn't standing in front of him.

At least, not the 4-year-old Jimin he knew.

But a boy who looked rather similar to the 9-year-old prediction that Youngjae had drawn, the one Namjoon hadn't looked at much.