chapter twenty

Jackson grit his teeth in annoyance, his eyes scanning the rogue vampires closing them in. "There's no opening. It'll be too late if I don't go after her now."

Rosé reached into her knife pouch grabbing hold of a couple throwing knives. "So, what now?"

"We have to get Jackson hyung through so he can get to Jiwoo," said Bambam as he gripping onto the hilt of his sword tightly. "We have to do it quickly."

"And what about after that? We'll still be surrounded," Lisa pointed out as she stood back to back with Rosé.

"We'll have to hope for a miracle."

Mark grumbled under his breath and aimed his gun at the rogue vampire that jumped up. He took the shot lodging the bullet straight between its eyes. "Now's not the time to be hoping for miracles guys."

Jackson growled and leaped forward pouncing on the nearest rogue vampire while the hunters began to slash others down. Bambam and Yugyeom both fought side by side for the first time in years, cutting down rogue vampires together.

Rosé elbowed a rogue vampire that jumped on her from behind and held one of her throwing knives between her fingers. She turned and jammed the knife straight into the creature's chest. It choked out dark red, almost black ichor out of its mouth before dissolving into ash.

A few rogue vampires fell to the ground in piles of ash after Lisa cut them down but more flooded around them.

"Shit," Jackson swore under his breath as he backed up with the others. "What now?"

Bambam panicked as he saw more rogue vampires closing in. "We could really use that miracle right about now."

Rosé whined softly grabbing onto both Lisa's and Mark's hands, holding them tightly. "Is this really where we're all going to die? There was so much I wanted to do...So many things I didn't get to say to...certain people..."

"Might as well say them now," Yugyeom said.

"Oh, come on, you guys can't be giving up now?" A familiar female voice asked.

Everyone looked up in the direction the voice came from to see rogue vampires falling to the ground left and right. The very front rogue vampire screeched as a sword pierced through its chest. It turned to ash revealing Jinyoung, Chungha, and Somi.

"Quick, Jackson hyung. Now's your time to run after her," Youngjae said as he shoved Jackson forward.

Jackson nodded and bolted dodging the rogue vampires that tried to catch him.

"You're all still alive!" Rosé exclaimed in relief. She ran up to Chungha and Somi giving both of them tight hugs. "But how?"

"Jinyoung oppa helped us," Somi explained. "It's kind of a long story though and now isn't the time."

"Good to see that you're still kicking, Jaebum hyung." Jinyoung snickered as he calmly stabbed a rogue vampire that jumped out at him.

Jaebum scoffed. "I'm not that easy to kill."

"Wait, you two know each other?" Yugyeom asked, raising an eyebrow.

Jinyoung nodded flicking his sword so the thick dark ichor from the rogue vampire's flew off. "Yeah, we know each other."

"Great, but this isn't the time for reunions and that story is long," Youngjae said as he dodged a rogue vampire's punch and jammed his fist straight into the creature's chest. "We don't have time for it right now."

"Should we make this quick then?" Jinyoung asked.

"Preferably so we can help Jackson hyung," Bambam said.