𝚡𝚡𝚟𝚒. 𝚠𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚕𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚊𝚒𝚛

✦✧✦

✦✧✦

Cress isn't one to assume, but she's certain that she's been stood up.

Now, there's not much proof of this except for the fact that it's been almost two hours since she's set foot into the Three Broomsticks and Fred Weasley still has yet to show.

Which, wouldn't make a difference except for he said they were supposed to go to Hogsmeade together and Cress is certain that to do that, they actually have to be together.

It started out a fairly good day; Cress woke in high spirits, freaking out about what she was going to wear to Hogsmeade because she couldn't look like a homeless person when she was going on what she is assuming might be a date, especially not when she could potentially have a story to tell her children in the future, when she's old and grey, sitting around the fire, reminiscing about her past (perhaps present) loves and their first date that would presumably lead to more because it was too brilliant and he was enthralled by her witty comebacks and beautiful presence and she can't do that if she looks like a troll.

So, she had a mini breakdown, had to get Mallory to calm her down whilst Santana laughed at her like an evil genius (because she totally was one), and then finished putting her simple outfit of Muggle jeans, a black long-sleeved shirt incase it was chilly, and a light jacket (the one George and Lee gave her for Christmas). She thought it was okay as far as things went (even though Santana snickered at her until Ingrid finally shoved her out of the room with a sigh) and was ready to leave and got to Hogsmeade, her heart soaring in her chest, beating so hard it felt as though someone was personally pounding a drum inside of her.

It all went to shit from there.

Firstly, Fred hadn't informed her of what they would be doing — where they would be meeting, information like that — so Cress stood outside of the Hufflepuff common room for about twenty minutes, encouraging Axel and Mallory to leave, it's fine, I'm fine, before deciding to try the entrance hall in hopes that he would miraculously make an appearance.

Obviously, he didn't.

Cress had stood out there for who knows how long, idling looking around, trying to ignore the part of her that knew — just knew — that he wouldn't show up, that it was all a hoax, something he was probably having a right laugh about because even though he wasn't the kind of person to harm another's feeling, messing with little 'ole Diggory just hits him in the right place.

She had to give him the benefit of the doubt, though. Cress argued with herself, told herself that there had to be a logical explanation as to why he would just stand her up like this because he was Fred Weasley, the most genuine person she's ever met in her life. He pranks and jokes and prods at people but he also helps first years get to where their going, stands up for those to shy to do it themselves and values other people's opinions, never makes anyone feel ignored. There had to be something that was holding him.