christmas bonus!!

a/n in celebration of 2K(almost 3K) and the holiday season; i have decided to write a christmas chapter featuring the Bartons and Maximoffs. thank you for everything, i certainly hope you enjoy. happy holidays!x

***

Christmas was a very special time in the Barton household. Not only did the younger children bask in the myths of Santa Claus and Rudolph the Reindeer; but the 25th of December marked the birth of a remarkable individual.

And no, it wasn't just Jesus Christ.

Victoria Selene Barton was born at 7:40am on Christmas Day, gifting her parents their first child. Raising the little princess was enough to delay her sibling for a couple more years, before Cooper was conceived.

But this year's Christmas was a very special one, not only was she turning the golden age of 21, but it was her first Christmas as a Maximoff.

Being married for only a few months, she was ecstatic that both her husband and sister-in-law would be joining their family for the festive season. The twins had been going through training for a couple of years, and even after being married – Victoria hardly saw Pietro.

As she awoke on Christmas Eve's morning, she took note of the heavy arm draped across her stomach. Her face lit up, as she realised that he had arrived, and she immediately moved to kiss him – despite his sleeping figure.

Pietro opened his eyes sleepily, seeing his girl up close, and reciprocated the kiss gently. When they pulled away, he gave her a lingering kiss on her forehead before muttering, "Good morning, my love."

"I'm so happy you're here!"

"I gathered such," he slipped out of her grasp, and only then Victoria noticed he was shirtless. She blushed, causing the speedster to chuckle and lift her out of the bed. He kissed her again, brushing back her hair. "Let us go and make some breakfast, yes?"

She rushed downstairs, with her husband trotting behind her. She took out a dozen eggs and shoved some bread in the toaster. Pietro walked to the fridge to get out some bacon and spotted chocolate milk.

Turning to his wife with a pleading expression, he asked, "Please can we have this instead of coffee?"

Giving a quick glance to the carton and turning on the warmer draw, she nodded before continuing to cook. Within a couple of seconds, Pietro had set the table and poured himself a glass of the milk.

An hour went by and at 8:23am, her father trudged down the stairs and into the kitchen. Victoria rose an eyebrow at the sleepy man, questioning, "Morning dad... Did you see who's here?"

"I was the one who was woken up to let him in last night," he let out a grunt, leaning on his hand. "And stayed up for an hour speaking to him."

"What did you speak about?"

"Stuff."

"How descriptive."

Pietro zoomed around again, setting out bowls and plates of the food down before standing beside Victoria again. He had a piece of bacon sticking onto his stubble, making Victoria chuckle and pick it off. He smiled at her, muttering something about Wanda and running off.

Clint cleared his throat and took a slice of toast, "So, your mom and I are taking Wanda and the kids out tonight and going to see Aunt Gem afterwards. Just thought I'd let you know."

"Oh, well Pietro and I will be done by five so—"

"—No!"

Victoria turned to her father with wide eyes and Clint noticeably retracted. He started stammering and blubbering out nonsense before stopping to take a breath, "You can't come with because... Because we're fetching your presents tonight."

"So," Victoria paused with a frown. "I'm gonna be here alone?"

"No, Pietro is staying at home too."

"Did Pietro agree to his fate?"

"Of course, he was the one—anyway, you kids have the house to yourselves. Have fun, but try not to break too much?"

Ignoring her father's stutter, she groaned, "Dad."

"I'm not an idiot, Victoria. We were young, once upon a time, too."

The conversation ended as her siblings ran downstairs. Nathaniel ran straight to the tree and started counting the presents.

"—Six; seven—mom! Santa only added one more!"

"That's because he only delivers the special ones tonight."

Victoria turned to see her mom walking to the table, making a pit stop for the kettle. After a hug, she spotted Wanda arguing with her brother. Running up to her, she jumped onto the twin. Wanda wrapped her arms around her sister-in-law, smiling.

"I missed you."

"I have missed you too," Wanda spoke as she untangled herself from the girl.

Clint rose, setting his hands on his hips and smiling at everyone, "Let's eat!"

***

Eight o'clock rolled by and the Bartons–and Wanda–were just about ready to depart.

After getting the layout of the night from her mom, Victoria was spread out on the floor. She was reading while Pietro played with her hair, while laying half-off the couch. She jumped up when her mom walked down the stairs and ran to her.

"Please tell Aunt Gem that I say hi."

"Will do," Laura kissed her head. "We'll only be back late, otherwise we'll sleep by Gem."

"Please let me know."

Laughing, Laura brushed back her messy hair, "You'd swear you're the mother here."

"Stay safe!"

"I'm a superhero, remember?" Clint boasted, grimacing when Wanda elbowed him. "Oh, and Wanda too."

"Time to go!"

Laura ushered her children outside after her exclamation. After hugging Wanda and her father goodbye, Victoria shut the door behind them and sat on the couch where Pietro was. The speedster sat up and captured her lips with his.

Smiling into the kiss, he spoke, "I really, really missed you, dragă."

"I really missed you too."

Kissing her again, more passionately, and sped them to their shared bedroom. He wasted no time in setting her onto the bed and hovered over her. Sliding his hands over her exposed stomach brought goosebumps to Victoria's skin and she pulled him closer to her.

After not seeing him for so long, just his touch alone aroused the girl. She gripped onto him tightly and bit down on his lip. Pietro, gasping before pulling away slowly, smirked down at his squirming wife below him. Sliding her shirt off, her cupped one of her breasts, before giving a deep growl.

"Merry Christmas, iubită."