Conseqeunces

Chapter 29

Ella's P.O.V:

The door won't hold.

Already I could hear the creaking, complaining of the lock against the wood and the cement of the wall. This was not going to end well.

Mony's silent sobs brushed against my shirt and I looked down to her. Her eyes were closed and tear streaks marked her cheeks. This was close to unbearable for me to see. I shut my own eyes and took a deep breath.

'I didn't believe it was possible,

that you could say say these words:

Beyond the most valuable thing, there you are.

Beyond the most ambitious dream, there you are.

Beyond the most beautiful things.

Beyond the stars, there you are.

Beyond, there you are for me, for me, only for me.

Beyond the deepest sea, there you are.

Beyond the world''s limits, there you are.

Beyond the infinite sky vault, beyond the life.

There you are, beyond, there you are for me.'

I sang to her as quietly as possible and felt her muscles relax slightly. I continued repeating the song as I rocked her back and forth. I repeated the mantra to myself over and over as I calmed her down.

The door creaked again and I saw the wood visibly splinter. Fear overtook my body but the primal urge to protect Mony won over and I picked her up. I ran over to the window with adrenaline coursing through my body.

We should have left.

We should not have stayed here.

We should have gotten out.

I was so stupid.

I put her down and pulled the window open. I glanced out, it wasnt ideal, but it would have to do.

"Go, go, go, go," I urged her while nudging her out of the open window. She jumped to the ground and rolled over. I swung my legs over the window sill to do the same, but before I could I heard the door break down.

Out of instinct I turned to see what was happening and he yanked me back into the room. I fell to the ground and the pain in my head increased by tenfold. I scrambled to my knees and tried to crawl away but he grabbed my hair and pulled me back.

"Thought you could escape me, you piece of-" he spat and I struggled trying to get away from his carving fingers.

"His weak points."

"Hit his weak points!"

Weak points.

Right.

Shins, knees, groin, solar plexus, windpipe, shin, bridge of nose, ears, eyes.

I dropped forward and kicked out with my left leg, hitting his knee with as much force as I could. I heard something snap and his hand left my hair to fall to the ground and hold his knee.

I scrambled away from his as fast as I could until my back hit the wall, his curses following my every step.

I used the wall to lift myself up and glared at his pathetic figure on the floor of the bedroom. This is what my dad had become. The man who would cradle me in his arms and tickle me with his beard whenever I was sad. The man who would push me on the swings at the park. The man who told me I was going to be a big sister had become nothing but a sad, pathetic, pitiful domestic abuser.