Brother

Bonnie was dead. And then she wasn't. The plan had worked and Klaus was fooled... Yet, it still hurt to know how much pain we put Elena through. Her and I both wanted to find another way to kill Klaus, one which didn't involve Bonnie dying.

The following morning, The Boarding House was eerily quiet. I was stood in the hallway, confusedly looking around.
"Stefan?" I called out, "Damon?" My voice echoed against the walls, receiving no reply.

It was then that a figure suddenly pushed me up against the wall, shock taking over as I realised who it was.
"Stefan?" I questioned, "What are you-"
"Where are they?" He said, attempting to uphold his calm posture. He was holding onto the collars of my jacket, pushing me against the wall. I didn't dare push back, I easily could have, yet reacting with hostility would get me nowhere.

"Who?" I asked desperately. Damon sped in then, confusion on his face, he immediately pulled his brother back. Stefan glancing to the floor in guilt as he looked between us.
"What did you do, Grace?" Damon asked, almost in disappointment. "Where's Elijah? Elena's gone and...".
"What do you mean Elijah? He's downstairs isn't he?" I said with genuine confusion, the two brothers looking to eachother then.
"Isn't he?" I demanded again, my voice breaking slightly.
"Wait" Stefan said, shaking his head. "You didn't undagger him?".
"Of course I didn't" I paused, shock on my face as I ran my fingers shakily through my hair. "What's happening? Where's Elena?".
"Come on guys... isn't it obvious" Damon said, "Elena did it herself". We turned to him then, realising he must be right. She was looking for another way to kill Klaus... and who better to turn to than my older brother.

Throughout the day, Stefan and Damon did nothing but argue. I could hardly blame them for their differences in opinion. Yet, this was no time to be divided. Several hours later however, Jenna phoned Stefan in a panicked confusion. I knew she had been staying on campus for a while after Isobel showed up at her doorstep, yet she was now home... and also due to meet Alaric at The Grill. My head shot up upon hearing that, nodding at Stefan knowingly when he said he'd be right over. I ignored Damon's petty refusal to help. We could deal with him later. This was bad. If Klaus was still in Alarics body, this was very bad.

By the time Stefan and I arrived at Elena's house, 'Alaric' was already there.
"Stefan... so good to see you" he drawled out, pausing slightly as he noticed me behind him. "Ah... Grace" he grinned, amusement washing over his face. "Long time no see?" I froze in place, rooted to the spot as Stefan stepped forward defensively. "I was expecting a more interesting family reunion, I'll admit... but I'll take stunned silence too".

The uncomfortable atmosphere only grew the longer the four of us stood there. Klaus taunting the three of us. Jenna utterly clueless about the supernatural world. It wasn't until the conversation moved back to me, that things took an uncomfortable turn.

"Did you not think it odd, Jenna, that Grace here suddenly showed up in town?" He taunted again. "I mean, her brother was here, wasn't he? Gone now of course..." he paused, a grin on his face. "All alone again... aren't we, Grace?". I felt my eyes stinging as I clenched my jaw, Jenna glancing between us in utter confusion. I could feel the anger welling up inside me, years of pent up feelings just bubbling at the surface. My eyes stung more, darkening. I went forward, only to be stopped as Stefan grabbed my arm.

"Leave her out of it" he muttered, pulling me back gently as he noticed the dark veins under my eyes.
"Ever the hero, aren't you, Stefan?" Alaric noted, the smile dropping from his face upon noticing our interaction. "And here I was thinking it was the other Salvatore that you fancied...". I launched myself forward then, ignoring the surprised yell from Jenna and the bitter tone in Alarics voice as I pinned him to the wall. "Touchy subject? Thought so...". My grip tightened around his neck, before I shoved him backwards and prepared to strike again. In this body he didn't stand a chance against me. He knew that.