Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Honestly, pray to Jesus that he will ever let you taste the heaven's touch of my mom's food.

The lasagna melted in my mouth and I squealed as I took out my phone.

"Lana phones away please."

Quietly, I obeyed and focused on chowing down the food in front of me. The whole table was loud; my brothers fighting over the last cookie and my mother yelling at them to stop.

It didn't take me long to finish and I proceeded to stand up and place my dishes in the sink.

"I'm done, I'll be doing homework upstairs," I announced with a warning to not bother me from my brothers. Knowing them though, they would ignore it anyway.

Running upstairs only served as a reminder to stay in shape more. I hopped onto the bed and turned on my phone to post a complaint on Snapchat to my private story about the serious amount of homework and how much I procrastinated.

Almost immediately, kids from my school responded in agreement. I spend some time joking around with the filters before getting a message from Instagram.

grayson_chris: party at my place tmmrow? u coming?

I rolled my eyes at his conceited personality or well, how he sounded in my head. Girls would be dying to have him shoot a dm at him, inviting themselves. Wow, ain't I lucky.

lana.mae: get out of my dms

grayson_chris is typing...
grayson_chris: all the teams are coming
grayson_chris: u sure u ain't going?

lana.mae: not up for it so cya

grayson_chris: i know you don't pass up a good party every once in a while
grayson_chris: ill see you there

lana.mae is typing...

I thought of it but then opted to not type and just leave him on seen. It was fun messing around while it lasted but tomorrow would be my only editing day since it was the first Friday football game.

Instead of dwelling on the last conversation, I decided on actually doing my homework.

It didn't take long like some nights but there was still more than I wanted.

As 11:00 PM rolled around, I decided on calling it a night and headed to remove my makeup and wash my face. The notifications were left unchecked as I set my camera down next to my backpack and cheer bag.

I fell asleep to the music of whatever my playlist decided to use as my lullaby that night.

I was right. I'm sore as fuck right now.

•••

The next morning followed a routine of waking up way too early to exercise and going back to sleep afterward.

I studied my phone carefully before cursing. The crack was pretty visible, buttttt if you squint tilt your phone upright, and move you head a little to yourself; I guess it looks like a deep scratch?

Annoyed at my habits, I chucked my phone on my bed again; watching it roll down to the floor. I winced on impact.

Maybe it wouldn't have been cracked if I hadn't been chucked at the wall.

Personally, I don't think it was all my fault but more Leonardo DiCaprio's. I mean, if his shirtless picture hadn't popped up on my feed as the first thing I saw; maybe I wouldn't be so startled at the lack of men that looked like that in my life.

By the time I had finished working out and contemplating my existence, it was already 7:00 AM; leaving just enough time for me to get ready and head to class at 7:45 AM.

Once again my makeup stayed simple with a few coats of mascara, filled-in brows, some chapstick, and some gloss. My outfit was lazy like always, sweatpants, and a tight form-fitting black crop top.

Cheer wasn't until tonight. That meant that I  wouldn't have to cake all that fake shit on my face until much later.

Breakfast was easy as well, with my mom leaving early, and my dad still asleep with my brothers, I choose to just grab a quick salad and some coffee from Starbucks on the way.

"Morning Belle." I greeted; stepping out of my car and walking toward her.

"Hey, Lana."

I'll admit. Mornings were solely a favorite of mine because it was still like I had my best friend. You know, just her. Not her and Tony.

These days, they stuck like glue and refused to leave the honeymoon stage they have been in for four years and counting.

"It's okay, whatever you need to say Tony can listen too because he won't tell anyone."

It hurt me to talk shit about her behind her back but it was the truth. At first, it was cute and now, it isn't.

"I'm dead—bitch tell me why I'm doing this shit," I questioned, referring to cheer.

For someone who considered herself pretty unfit, I actually maintained a healthy amount of broken and sprained every-things. Especially ankles. Both of which are permanently damaged and swollen all the time.

Crutches, braces, splints, casts, etc.

You name it, I've used it.

"Cause you are an idiot who thinks she can do two sports with no working feet." Bella retorted chucking at me.

"Yeah... you're right." I agreed.

"Don't forget that apparently, you're a flyer, not a front today."

Fuck. Why is it that the days I'm flyer is the day my legs won't lock.

•••

I know this chapter is a day late and all but I just wanted to thank y'all so much for getting this book to #524 in Chicklit! Currently, while you are reading this I am doing two finals during the dead week; my Spanish Speaking (elective) one and my physical education (2 miles under 18 min). Sure it isn't hard but I hate it so wish me luck :) especially in Spanish =_=

Edit: Since this chapter took longer than expected, I ended up taking my Spanish speaking final. I stood up proud—just kidding, I was deadass shaking and crying and answered the two easiest questions ever in fear. Also, I'm crippled now so I didn't run the pre-finals so I have zero and I'm so triggered. Did she expect me to run with two shitty ankles and a headache??

Anyways, love y'all, and please vote, share, and comment!

-Anne

•••
Updated: 12•15•17
Edited: 10•10•20