Chapter Thirty-Eight: Moving On

Jerome woke up to Mitch laying down on the bed beside him. Jerome pokes Mitch's arm, saying nothing, Mitch remains silent. Jerome pokes Mitch again.

"Stop poking me," Mitch mumbled. Jerome moves closer to him, he pokes him in his side making Mitch flinch. Mitch looks at Jerome. Jerome gives him a smile, well one that his pain allowed.

"Jessica is here," Mitch said. Jerome's eyes widen.

"Wh-What?" Jerome croaked. Mitch sits up.

"And Vikk contacted us....he won't be able to come because he is going to stay with Lachlan for a few more days or weeks," Mitch said. Mitch looks at Jerome. "How are you feeling? Any better?" Jerome nods. "Good. Good." Jerome moves the blankets, he tugs on Mitch's sleeve. Mitch doesn't hesitate to get under the covers and rest his head on Jerome's chest since he didn't want to hurt his neck any more than it already is. Jerome rests his arms around Mitch. Mitch grips Jerome's shirt. "Can I ask you something? And you can say—or rather shake your head no." Mitch picks his head up, looking at Jerome. "Can I use your setup to record a video?" Jerome smiles a little and nods. Jerome pushes Mitch away.

"Do now," Jerome mumbled best he could. Mitch gets out of bed and stops, he turns back around looking at Jerome.

"Do you need anything?" Mitch asks. Jerome shakes his head. Mitch glances at the door and back at Jerome. "You sure?"

"S-Stop stalling." Jerome croaked. Mitch took a step back, then leaves. He walks over to Jerome's office, turning on the light. He shuts the door behind him and turns on the computer. He sits in the chair. He hugs his knees, waiting for it to startup, he was racking in his mind what to say. He pulls his hood lower, over his eyes and grips it. 'What do I do? What do I say? I can't break down in front of them, I can't. I can at least explain what happened with Jerome.' He thought. He turns on the microphone and camera, starting the recording. He doesn't look at the camera at first.

"H-Hey.." Mitch stuttered instantly. He swore under his breath. 'Damn, already stuttering.' He thought. His eyes look at the camera. "I'm not dead, I know I have been gone for about....two months now. Longer than I anticipated actually, sorry about that. But Jerome won't be posting for some time, his vocal cords have been damaged and got out of surgery a few days ago. He is still recovering, but he is getting better." Mitch sets his chin on his knees, looking at his hands. "I think that's all I have to say...... and if you are expecting for me to talk about what's been going on for two months...don't. I'm not...comfortable talking about it, it hurts just thinking about it. So can you please not mention it? I just want to move on, it's difficult e-enough..making this video." Mitch wipes tears from his eyes with his sleeves.

"I'm gonna try making videos again, but no facecam. I will put back up, but just..not now. But there were a few good things that came out of these two months. There is this girl, her name is Lillian, she basically gave me a kick in the ass when I needed it. I don't think I would be here doing this if she didn't do that. And I don't think I can ever repay her for it either because it meant so much to me. She really did show me that you guys, the people who watch my videos don't just like me because of my content but because of me and my content of course...I haven't been in a...in a stable mindset in months. And I know you guys noticed my mood dropping, my effort dropping before I just went dark on you all. But I'm gonna start making videos again before the end of this year at least. I'm not gonna say when, but when I get my setup actually constructed and when Jerome feels better." He said. Mitch leans back in his chair, his eyes look at the camera.

"But I will see you all later, don't worry I will be coming back very soon. So bye guys." Mitch said. He stops the recording, turning off the camera.

 Thanks guys for the amazing support for this book! I also must say that I entered the first chapter into a writing contest and it won

Thanks guys for the amazing support for this book! I also must say that I entered the first chapter into a writing contest and it won. But this story is one of my favorites and I cannot take just cutting off here. Yes book 2 is going to happen, but I've been trying to finish stories so I can get the new ones out. I already posted a new book and it is getting the feedback I did not expect. But anyway, stay tuned for info and sneak peeks into Book 2!

BBYYEEEEE!!