Chapter 7

Layla's POV

I enter my house, I pull my shoes off, dropping my back on to the floor before I begin to make my way to the kitchen, my stomach already rumbling.

I open the door and walk across the kitchen, before tiptoeing up and open a cupboard.

Just then I hear the door open and several footsteps coming in.

"Hey do we have any pasta?" I lick my lips, before turning around.

Mum, dad both walk closer before stopping a few feet away, their gaze burning with anger, while Heidi stands behind them giving me a sly smirk.

"Don't even think about having food today, after what you've done." Mum snaps, crossing her arms.

I turn again, and grab a big bag of rainbow drops, but then suddenly I feel my hair being pulled, causing me to stumble backwards, my hand finding its way to my hair, as I try to pull my hair from the firm grip.

I turn slightly, and see dads nostrils flaring. My hand makes it's way to his hand as I try to push him off but that only angers him more, as I feel a sharp pain at the back of my leg and I let out a small yelp.

Fuck. Did he just kick me?

I grit my teeth, as I blow out a pained breath. I see what he's doing.

"Get off me." I spit, trying to move around.

"How'd you like it, huh? This is what you get for hurting your sister again, have you learned nothing from the last time?" He spits, as he pulls my hair forward, turning me around.

"She slapped me first." I glare back at him and he grits his teeth.

"Always so childish, why don't you fucking grow up." He hisses out.

"Maybe I will once I get out of this hell hole or maybe–"

His hand slams against my cheeks, causing my head to whip to the right.

"Gerald that's enough, now. Don't want the school to–"

"Yes, Gerald. You don't want the school to find out, that would be a shame, considering you're supposed to be a lawyer." I force a smirk on and he growls.

"I can't wait to get rid of you." He spits.

I didn't know what he meant by that but I think he meant about when he no longer has to have me in his care.

"Me too." I push his hand away, and his jaw clenches, his nose flaring up.

What a horse.

I slowly get out of his grip and make my way to the door but mum blocks my way.

"We're not done here, bitch." She spits.

"Go back up Heidi's ass already." I sneer, tears beginning to prick my eyes as I began to lose my cool.

She grits her teeth. "I've raised you for 15 years, you should show me some respect instead–"

"I'm sixteen. And why should I show you some respect? You don't deserve it!" I burst, a tear trickling down my cheek, and she smirks in satisfaction knowing she got to me.

I just can't control my tears sometimes and it sucks.

"You never do anything for me and yet you ask me to respect you, when all you do is show me nothing but abuse! I'm sorry I couldn't be the perfect daughter but it isn't my fault! It's yours, I tried and tried to make you guys happy these past few years but no! You're never satisfied!" I sniffle slightly, wiping away a tear.

"Then you took my grandma away." I growl, glaring into her humoured eyes. "Your mother." My voice shakes. "Why?" I stare at her, gritting my teeth, when she doesn't respond I let out another growl.

"ANSWER ME!" I scream, earning a slap from her, her smirk dropping.

"Don't talk to me like that, you brat. You don't deserve any happiness, you get what you deserve so live with it!"

"Oh." I grit. "That's what it is? She gave me something you guys didn't and that made you jealous." I spit.

"Jealous over you?" She laughs, and I hear a low rumble behind as dad laughs too.

"Then what else?" I glare at her, another tear falling.

"She was annoying, always asking to come over. We have a life, we don't need her burdening our lives, she's already had a chance on having her life, she was old which meant her life had no meaning anymore." She smirks, and my eyes widen with immense shock and disgust.

I couldn't believe the words I was hearing. My mouth opened but I couldn't form any words as the pain in my chest increased.

"Y-You're sick." I manage to choke out, before rushing out the door, upstairs and up to my room.

As soon as I close the door shut, I blast loud music which then covers up my loud sobs that erupt from me.

"I wish you were here grandma." I choke out, pushing myself on my bed, onto my back, staring up at the ceiling with tears streaming down my cheeks.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°