Chapter 15

Layla's POV

I've not had a wink of sleep due to the constant rumbling of my stomach. The ass gave me the same glop for all my meals, which are all in the bucket next to me, starting to smell.

I let out a loud yawn for the fiftieth time, and let my eyelids droop. Finally I begin to drowse but at that moment the door opens and in comes Killian.

"Rise and shine, love." I open my heavy lids and watch as he walks in with a bowl.

His hair is slightly wet and raked up, and he has on a black suit which still showed off his big muscles, his blue eyes looks into mine and a smirk lifts up on his plump lips, making the silver ring stick out even more.

I rub my temples and sigh, watching as he places the bowl next to me, the usual sludge in it.

"Can I please have something else?" I groan, tiredly, as he makes his way to the door.

"Nope." He opens the door.

"If you do I'll work with you." I blurt.

He stops and turns around raising a brow. "You have no choice." He states.

I smile at him. "I'll work with you without a fuss, I'll do everything you say, I swear."

He lips quirk up, in response. "I do like the sound of that." he gives me a wink and my smile drops.

He then let's out a slight chuckle, pushing himself off the door.

"Alright then."

A toothy grin spreads across my face, and I nod my head. "Great." I grab the huge bucket and wave my hand to him to come closer.

"Take this away, it's starting to shrivel my nostril hairs." I wrinkle my nose as I too take a look. It was beginning to turn into a weird green colour.

He comes closer and looks at it, furrowing his eyebrows. He opens his mouth but I cut him to it.

"So. We're going to work together. Teamwork." I nod again, licking my dry lips as I look up at him.

"Does this mean you're going to be nice to me?" I ask casually, raking my hair which is full of nots. He gives me another smirk, as he raises both brows, bending down on his knees.

"Could work pretty well together. You know?" I look down, grandma's silver necklace meeting my eyes and I smile a little.

Maybe them leaving me is good after all.  I can escape and move to Donald's house now.

I quickly tuck the necklace under my shirt and look up to see him a lot closer to me, his toxic cologne entering my nostrils and I gulp, as his intense eyes stare through mine.

"Um.." my cheeks redden slightly, at our close proximity as he grabs my wrist, he looks up at me cocking a brow, while fishing out a key.

"I..I'm really hungry." I squeak out, looking at him with wide eyes. His lips tug up and he lets out another short chuckle.

"Of course." he unlocks the chain, which then falls to the ground, leaving ugly bruises around my wrist.

He lightly brushes his thumb against the bruises, before dropping my wrist, letting out a sigh.

He then takes hold of my ankle and does the same and then I wrench it from his grip.

His eyes fill with amusement as he smirks at me.

"Sure you don't want me to soothe your boo-boos?"

"Shut up." I snap, before lifting myself up. And he laughs standing up after me.