Chapter 13

Layla's POV

"Impressive." My dad says sarcastically, nodding his head as he looks around..

I roll my eyes and look away.

I won't waste my breath or energy on them anymore, although it's too late.

I always wondered what would've happened if I didn't rebel against them.

When I woke up still on the ground where they left me, the lights off. That was when I knew they really hated me, knew they'd carry on showing me their hatred. So I had to act quick in order to reduce the pain. I started my rebellious streak at that moment.

Even though I was just seven I had a lot of tricks up my sleeve. To stealing mums makeup to breaking Heidi's toys. Even stealing dad's spray and making experiments in the bathtub with it along with mums expensive shampoo and conditioner. Even adding some special ingredients such as salt, pepper, and chilli. The smell afterwards though. Oh god it was so pungent! I actually threw up, which made the smell ten times worse.
Spray, conditioner, food, and vomit. Good combination. Great experiment.

After I was done throwing up I left the mess in the tub and went up to my room with a smirk. Not too long before mum started screaming and yelling at me though.

Oh the good times...

"-and we're going to be leaving tonight."

"Huh?!" I snap out my thoughts, looking up. Dad had his hand on mums shoulder, both smirking while Heidi was looking anywhere but my direction.

"I said we're leaving tonight." He repeats.

What?! Noticing my confused face he rolls his eyes.

"The money we received. A million pounds. We're using it to move away, new life, new house new everything. Start over. Without you." He states.

It's silent for a moment as a million feeling run through me. "...why?"

"Why?" Mum laughs. "Isn't it obvious? We're millionaires!" She flings her arms upwards.

"We can live a celebrity life minus the attention. And get this. He even offered to pay us a grand every month. On top of the million! Only so we don't run out! What a fucking bargain!" She laughs again.

I shake my head in disgust, before it slowly turns into sadness.

"You're not being serious are you? You're not moving away."

They are actually leaving me here? With Heidi's hooku- he's a criminal isn't he?

"Oh we sure are. Why? Is Little Layla going to miss her family?" Mum says spitefully. And I shake my head in anger and sadness.

"You're lying.." my voice shakes, tears building up.

My parents both smirk. "Careful Layla. Wouldn't want your tough girl exterior slipping now would we? And do you actually want us to tell you a lie?" She taunts and I put my head down as the first few tears slip.

they can't really leave me here! With a criminal!

"I'll be good now I swear, I'm sorry. So sorry for what I've done. I didn't mean it! Please I just want to go home. We can be a family again, Please don't leave!" I say quickly out of fear, holding back my sob.

God knows what he can do to me.

"The tickets are booked. It's all done we've got all your stuff in here for you." Dad says pulling the two luggages forward, pushing them both towards me, and I watch as it tips and lands with a thud next to me. I stare at the luggage as I shake my head.

"Please." I whisper, brokenly.

"Begging now huh? That desperate? Wow that's a sight I've never seen before." Mum laughs coldly.

Does she not feel even the slightest bit bad for leaving me?

"All these years, Layla. All these years..." Mum begins shaking her head.

"You were always so ungrateful, selfish and rotten minded. I fucking popped you out of-" she begins and I shake my head in shock.

"No! Y-You made me do it! You were treating me horrible for no reason!" I burst, in a loud sob as the tears start streaming down.

"I never made you do anything! And I don't care how I treated you! You deserved it!" She snaps, her face growing red.

"They said I would have a boy but as soon as I popped you out it turned out it was a girl. 'papers got mixed up' they said." she mimicks, hatred in her voice.

"I had this all fucking planned, I wanted a girl and a boy. If I knew it was another girl-as I said before, I'd have aborted you the second I had a chance." She fumes.

God. Not this again.

"BUT NO!" She screams making me jump out my skin and look up at her in shock, my eyes widen when I see her burning red face.

"I had to find out after I popped you out! You gave me the most pain during labour. Twenty four hours! TWENTY FOUR HOURS IT TOOK YOU BITCH!" She screams.

"More long and painful than how it was with Heidi! And on top of that you turned out to be a snotty little piece of shit with zero to none intelligence." She snarls.

Dad wraps an arm around mums shoulder in a comforting manner.

"It's fine now. We've finally got rid of her." Dad soothes.

"Think about the wasted pain and years I've spent on her." She seethes, looking down at me in disgust.

"I'm sorry!" I quickly say, my words turning into a sob.

"I'll do better! Please don't g-" I get cut off when a hard slap lands on my face and I gasp at the impact, placing my hand against my cheek and looking up at mums hard gaze.

"YOU SELFISH BITCH!" She screams.

"MAYBE I SHOULD JUST-" She starts but Heidi step forward holding mums hand. "Mum we should get going. The flight is in a couple of hours." Heidi cuts in, tugging on mums hand.

Mum flashes me one more glare with her piercing green eyes, before straightening herself up and facing Heidi, her scowl turning into a warm smile.

"You're right sweetie, let's get going. We've wasted enough time on this bitch already." She says before walking towards the door, twisting the door knob, and leaves without a second glance. Dad gazes down at me with his blank grey eyes, before leaving as well.

Heidi however remains glued to her spot as she begins to fidget with her fingers. She finally pulls her gaze away from the floor and looks at me, her eyes filled with sympathy and regret.

"I'm so sorry Layla." She whispers sincerely and I furrow my brows in confusion, as the tears continue to pour down.

"W-What?" I croak out.

She lets out a sigh, shaking her head. "I don't know, I just.. I shouldn't of treated you that way. Now that I'm leaving, I ..I feel bad for you." A thin layer of tears glistening her eyes.

Should I really forgive her after all this time?

Heidi watches me, as I stare at her with tears all over my face probably looking like a mess. She purses her lips together, before heading to the door.

"I'm sorry.." she repeats, as she twists the door knob.

I sniffle and wipe my eyes vigorously. "Wait!" My voice comes out strangled and groggy.

Her hand on the doorknob freezes along with her posture and I clear my throat. "W-Where are you going? Moving to I mean?" I ask and silence greets the both of us.

"America." She finally says before opening the door and closing it without another word.

______________________________________