Chapter 22

Layla's POV

"I want to start school again." I blurt as we watch a movie. It's action called King Kong.

Both Donald and Kaleb snap their heads to me.

"Layla we've been over this, it's too dangerous for you." Donald exclaims.

I clench my jaw. "You want me to stay here ignorant with no job for the rest of my life? I can't rely on you all the time Donald!" I snap.

"No I-"

"Maybe he won't come after me."

Donald cocks an eyebrow. "I have a feeling he will."

"I have a feeling he won't." I bite back.

"He will."

I growl. "It's just school for god's sake! I'll meet up with you after every class and-" I jump when I hear the table infront of us being slammed.

"Like you said before, you can't rely on him all the time, so shut your fucking mouth and be grateful!" Kaleb snaps, just when Donald is about to speak.

Donald turns to me giving a sympathetic look, and I burn with anger.

How dare he fucking yell at me.

My lips begin to twitch as I resist the urge to yell.

"Who the hell are you to tell me that, huh? You are not my dad." I spit, angrily.

He laughs harshly. "Like you have one to compare with." He mutters and Donald gives him a big nudge.

Did he really just–

My face begins to boil with rage and I clench my fists, before I lift myself up.

"Fuck you, Kaleb." I grit, before I lift myself up and trudge up the stairs, tears trickling down.

What a fricking butthole.

~~~~~~~~~
A soft knock on the door awakes me from sleep and I sit up, wiping my eyes.

The door slowly creaks open and in comes Donald.

"He's gone now." He mutters softly and I nod and after some silence he talks again.

"Do you want to head to the shops with me?"

"Yes." I get off my bed and make my way to my wardrobe taking out Donald's black woolly hoodie, along with my own indigo jeans.

Donald raises an eyebrow, shaking his head before heading out.

I quickly change and make my way downstairs, putting on my black trainers.

Donald appears with a big puffy navy jacket and I stiffle a laugh, before opening the door.

"What's funny?"

"You look-"

"Cute?" He asks and I burst out laughing, he frowns and unlocks his car, I get in the passenger seat and he starts the engine, while I'm still laughing.

"Why are you laughing?"

I laugh louder covering my mouth as snorts begin to escape.

Donald begins to drive shaking his head, and after a moment I finally calm down, giggling here and there.

When we arrive, we enter the market. "What were you laughing about?" Donald persists.

"Your bum."

He scoffs, rolling his eyes. We do our shopping and I buy myself a big bag of rainbow drops.

All the while, I look around incase you know. HE was there. Or that little minion of his.