Chapter 23

Layla's POV

"Hotdog hotdog hot-diggidy-dog-" I sing before I get cut off, by Donald groaning.

"Stop!"

I smirk and open my mouth to say something, but then the door bell rings.

I go to the door and open it.

Cara wearing a black dress, with her lilac hair tied up in a bun, enters my view.

"Hey girl." She smiles, hugging me.

"Hiya."

She continues to smile, staring, and I smile back. Her elbow jolts backwards, as if nudging someone behind, but no ones there.

I give her a questioning look, looking behind her, then at her repeatedly.

She furrows her brows, looking behind and then she lets out an exasperated sigh.

"Kaleb. Here. Now." She demands, turning to her left.

"I'm telling you, she won't forgive me. Heck even I wouldn't forgive me!" He exclaims in a rushed whisper, thinking I can't hear.

"Now."

I hear a low grunt before he slowly appears in front of me, clearing his throat. I see red roses in his hand with skittles in his other, and I cock a brow.

"Uhm." He looks down at his shoes, but I still have a perfect view of his face. Yup that's how short I am.

Cara gives him a sharp nudge in his ribs and he glares at her.

He looks up at me and then down again, not meeting my eyes. "Uhm. I'm..sorry for yesterday."

"I didn't mean it. I was just... Afraid that he might come after you again, but that doesn't justify to what I did... I'm sorry, I know it's your choice and you're right. It is your decision..."

"I'm sorry." He repeats, before shoving the roses and skittle bag at me.

I take them looking at them, then I look at Cara who has a wide smile on her face. I roll my eyes and look at Kaleb who's still not looking up at me.

After a while, a smile spreads across my face.

"It's fine." He looks at me quickly, his grey eyes staring back at me for a while, then he smiles, showing his dimples. I roll my eyes, poking his cheek.

"Get in." I point my finger,
And they both enter, with Kaleb entering first.

Cara leans into my ear. "You should of seen the state of him yesterday when he came to mine." She mutters, shaking her head and I laugh.

We enter the living room and both Cara and Kaleb greet Donald before we all sit on the couch.

"So." I speak, and everyone's eyes dart to me.

"I'm going to school tomorrow." I look at Kaleb straight away, he tenses, while Donald frowns.

I look towards Cara to see a huge toothy grin on her face.

"Oh my god! Really?!" She squeals and I nod, smiling wide.

At least someone's happy for me.

"Yay! It's so boring without you there! I've been stuck with these two doofs these past few days and–"

"Hey!" Both Donald and Kaleb cut her off and she rolls her eyes.

"Sorry, but hearing about y'all chatting bout how hot our history teacher is, is just–"

Donald's face goes beet red, and he grabs the pillow next to him and slams it on Cara's face. When the pillow drops, Cara's lips are pressed in a thin line. Slowly, she cranes her neck to the side, giving Donald a hard glare.

I smirk, watching as Donald's Adams apple bob.

"Boy, you better start running before I cut yo mother-fricking legs and use em to play javelin." She sneers, in the most deadliest voice.

Donald's eyes widen and he gets off the couch, slowly, keeping his eyes on Cara as if she'll turn into gorilla mode any second.

"YOU SLOW BITCH YOU GETTING IT NOW!" She screams and launches on Donald.

~~~~~~~

"DONALD!" I scream. I'm currently in the shower in Donald's room.

I need him to stand next to the door cuz I'm still scared to be alone thanks to the conjuring movie. I've not been able to shower myself since.

"Are you trying to bust my eardrums." I hear him groan.

"WELL, I THOUGHT YOU LEFT AND-"

"Alright well you can cut it low, I'm here."

"Don't go anywhere."

Then I'm met with silence.

"Donald?"

When there's no response, I look down at the drain and panic floods through me.

I bet there's something in there.

"DONALLLLLLDDDDD!!!!" I scream, jumping out of the shower, but end up tripping on the curtain, causing me to drop onto the cotton rug.

"You okay in there?" Donald asks.

"Oh now you fucking talk." I grumble, lifting myself off the ground and putting my undergarments on, then wrapping myself with a towel.

I unlock the door and Donald almost falls but catches himself. He turns to me, raising a brow.

"What happened in there."

I ignore him, heading towards his drawer and taking out his grey jumper and his navy sweatpants, before walking back into the bathroom.

"Hey that's mi-" I hear Donald say, before I slam the door shut.

I put the clothes on, then walk out.

I see Donald looking at himself in the mirror raking a hand through his straight blonde hair, and I stick my tongue out. His eyes connect with mine and I quickly look away, walking towards his bed.

I spot his phone which is placed on his pillow and look up at him, quickly jumping in his bed and covering myself with his duvet, as I grab his phone

Hmm now what should I do.

"Hey Layla." I hear his deep voice. I freeze before lightly clearing my throat. "Mm" I mumble focused on his phone.

"Whatcha doing?"

"I'm mad at you." I mutter, as my eyes wander around his screen.

"Why's that?" He chuckles and I feel the bed dip down.

I quickly mute his phone.

I don't reply and flip over his contacts..

______________________________________