Chapter 20

Dedicated to benitadahlia

" You think you can be able to walk? " Damon asked helping me up.

" Yeah I'm good, thanks. " I said and he nodded before walking away from me like he didn't want to be seen with me. I totally don't understand him and I probably won't bother to.

I started walking following them far behind limping, I felt a hand slip around my waist but it didn't hold that usual spark so I knew that whoever it was it wasn't Damon and that was disappointing. I looked up to see Sam and he gave me a small smile which I weakly returned. I turned to see Damon watching us, I was trying to read his expression to see if he was jealous or uncomfortable with another male having his hands around his mate but his expression betrayed nothing. Normal werewolves would have growled by now or reacted to it in anyway so I guess he isn't normal or he doesn't feel anything towards me.

We got to the portal that Sam had created an easily walked through it.

" So what happens next? " Vulcan asked.

" Our journey to the witches realm truly begins. " Sam answered

" How long would it take? " Damon asked and got three days as his reply.

We were walking deeper and deeper into the dark forest and it was really scary, the fact that the place was dead quiet just made it scarier and to top it all, no one was saying a word.

" So, what qualities are you expecting in your mate if you happen to find her? " I found myself asking to start up a conversation.

" I don't know. I'd surely like her the way she is. I'm just hoping to find her though. I've waited for three hundred years, I hope I'd find her. I want to be there for her always, protect her and love her. " he said with a small smile

Aaaw, I'm sure my mate never looked forward to meeting me and now that he has he doesn't plan on doing anything.

" That's nice, I hope you find her, I'm sure she'd love you. "

" I hope so. " he said smiling and I did too.

My smile was soon replaced with a loud scream and Vulcan turned to look around if anyone had done something to me then turned to look at me again.

" What's wrong? " he asked and in that moment the rest were around me.

" What's wrong? " Vulcan asked confused and I screamed again.

Before I knew it I was rolling on the floor and I couldn't help it and I felt like I was being stabbed over and over again screaming as each pain came.

" What's happening? " Vulcan asked looking confused and panicked

" Can you shut the hell up." Damon shouted.

" I was just asking, no need to be so rude. "

" With you there's every need to be. " Damon retorted and now it was Sam's turn to use Damon's earlier words.

I would have laughed that Sam shunned Damon but now was not the time. The pain continued and I kept screaming, a few tears slipped out of my eyes due to the pain and I kept screaming, it was unbearable. This didn't seem like a knife, it seemed as if a burning coal was placed on my body and I just kept screaming and rolling around on the floor.

" What do we do now? " Jonathan asked

"Can't you do something to at least reduce the pain ?she's hurting. " Damon shouted looking at me as if he felt a ounce of pity towards me, his question was directed at Sam .

" I'm afraid not. " Sam answered looking at me with pity

Just when I thought it was over the pain came again with full force and I let out a loud scream but that was not the end, I found myself hitting one tree or another and I kept on screaming. If I thought my back was hurting me, this was torture. She kept on throwing me against one tree or another and I kept on screaming while they tried holding me down but all to no avail. When it looked like they had almost caught me , I would be thrown away again. I didn't want to cry but I couldn't help it. I was hurting in all areas.

Finally she stopped throwing me and they pinned me down just incase she decided to start again. I was happy for a while, nothing happened and I sighed in relief.

Their grip on me tightened as they fought against me trying to escape from their grip until they couldn't hold it anymore and I found myself floating on the air. This was totally bizarre, why the hell was she doing this?

Vulcan flew on top of me and kept trying to pull me down but it was futile. He kept on pushing me down, it hurt but it wasn't working and I let out a frustrated scream as I felt a pain sharper than the rest. I think that motivated Vulcan to push me harder, or she decided to leave me. I thought I'd go crashing on the floor but Damon caught me giving me a sorry look.

He started telling me that he was sorry for what was happening and was stroking my hair. I was liking his touch but it wasn't enough. I thought it had ended but my happiness just keeps on getting short lived. I couldn't breathe, it felt as if someone was squeezing my lungs and taking out the bit of oxygen I had. I kept on gasping for breath and I saw the look of absolute panic all over Damon's face at least he wasn't hiding it. I felt like she was either strangling me or suffocating me with a pillow.

" Hey hold on okay. " he literally begged and I had him whisper although I don't think he wanted me to hear it. " I don't want to loose you, not now not ever, especially if I recently met you. "

" What do we do now, this is way worse. " Jonathan said, the panic completely evident in his look and tone.

" Breathe okay, in, out. " Damon said telling me to inhale and exhale while doing the same but I couldn't even do that. " To hell with that. " he said covering my mouth with his.

He started breathing into my mouth, his breath fanning mine making me remember our kiss, I might have smiled a little but the condition couldn't permit me. He kept on doing that while I still struggled to breathe but he wasn't giving up and he didn't give up until I could breathe well and he let out a sigh of relief.

I think this was finally the end cause after thirty minutes of me laying in Damon's arm and he stroking my hair telling me I was fine now I concluded that this was the end for today but what about tomorrow? What would happen if she continues, I couldn't hold on, my whole body was hurting and it just kept on getting bad as time goes on. I was more than determined to get to the witches realm now no matter what we may face.

I really liked being in Damon's arm, it just felt so comfortable and safe. I wanted to spend the time with him holding me like this cause I don't think it would ever happen. He's only doing this because of what happened and I didn't want to get used to being with him and he being there for me as he was today. I didn't really want to over think things and just closed my eyes trying to ease the pain somehow, it didn't help that I already had physical pain. I flinched when Damon's hand moved around my stomach. He was just doing that to get his hands around me firmly but it still caused a reaction from me and aside from that the area where he touched hurt.

" I'm sorry if I hurt you. " he said and I just nodded a little. I didn't think he would notice that I was hurting but he pulled my shirt up to reveal bruises and burns all over them. I was right, she was probably burning my body with coal.

" I'm so sorry, I really didn't know... " he said softly but I could feel his eyes darken and he looked murderous. Was he planning on going to Loranda ? He raised my shirt higher and found the bruise from the beast. Although it was slowly fading it was still noticeable.

" She did this to you too? " he asked and as if he just realised. " It was the day you had a nightmare wasn't it? " he said his eyes getting darker, he was angry, angry that she was hurting me. I didn't say anything and it took it as a confirmation. " I hate her for what she does to you, I know I have no idea how much it hurts but I think I have a slight idea, no one should go through that, especially not you. It annoys me to know that she keeps doing this to you and no one can do anything about it. You shouldn't go through all this, we'd get true the witches realm and we'd get a protective spell for you okay " he said. His tone held a bit of sincerity and he talked so soft I could barely hear.

I smiled when he said that, I was so happy that he was here for me now. I know he might probably act like he doesn't even notice me tomorrow but I was just going to enjoy this for now.

Thanks for reading kindly vote and comment. Love y'all

Thanks for 2k votes

I just recently started a book titled undeniable attraction. I'd love if you guys check it out . Thanks