Already Have

Hailey's POV

I smiled to myself as I watched Harry help Soph zip up her coat and put her on her gloves before he scooped her up and they joined Cash in the front yard to build a snowman. I watched them from under a warm blanket on the couch, clutching the warm mug of tea in my hands as the three of them ran around laughing with each other. It was obvious how much they all adored eachother and it warmed my heart to see them together after so long.

It had been five days since Harry arrived back in Lily Ridge, and although things were still a bit awkward at times with neither of us knowing how to act, for the most part he'd been everything I knew he would. He'd spent his days comforting me, feeding me, making sure I had everything I needed or wanted. He'd held my hand at the funeral, kept the kids occupied while Ry, Kels and I thanked everyone for coming, and delivered a speech about Gram that hadn't left a dry eye in the house. With every day that passed I was just constantly reminded of why I fell in love with him, and it was slowly eating at me that things weren't exactly the way I wanted them to be.

I chuckled to myself as I watched Soph waddle around in her snowsuit, her little arms stuck out from her body due to the padding of it, reminding me of the Michelin man as she did her best to run around after her brother and Harry. I grabbed my camera and snapped some shots of the three of them from the comfort of inside, relatively impressed with what I'd been able to get without going out into the cold.

The house phone began to ring as I put my camera back down on the coffee table, and I headed into the kitchen to pick it up before making my way back to the living room and settling back on the couch.

"Hello?" I answered as I saw Harry pretend to be severely wounded by a snowball Cash had thrown, throwing himself down dramatically as Cash giggled.

"Hailey? Oh, Honey!" Anne sighed from the other end of the phone. "I am so sorry we couldn't make it to the funeral, the pilot would not fly in that snow no matter how much we tried to make him."

Her frustration was clear, and I knew that her, Gemma and Niall had all been ready to board a plane on their way to Lily Ridge, but had to turn around shortly after take off due to a snow storm that was heading into London. They'd called to apologize, but Harry and I had reassured them that it was alright.

"That's okay." I told her. "It was a pretty busy day anyway, the whole thing was a blur. I appreciate the effort."

"Well we would have been there if we could, love. I know this has been so hard on you, your grandmother was such a wonderful woman."

"That she was." I smiled at the thought of her.

"How are you? My son taking good care of you?"

"He always does." I sighed as I looked out the window at him, laughing as Cash nailed him with another snowball. "He's just out playing with the kids. Did you want me to get him?"

"Oh no, that's okay. Don't interrupt him, I know how much he's missed them." She said softly. "Just have him call me, we need a final decision on where we're heading for Christmas."

"I thought you were coming here?" I asked, confused.

"We didn't know for sure yet...Harry was still trying to figure it all out." She said, and I detected the hesitance in her voice to say something, which just told me Harry wasn't sure if he wanted to spend Christmas in Lily Ridge.

Or maybe just not with me.

The thought made my stomach churn, reminding me that for whatever reason he was still hesitant to be around me, or contact me for that matter.