CHAPTER 17

HARRY

It was  a damn long drive. Going back to my pack was not something I ever wanted, neither do I want it now. But I have given my word to Johanna, I could not go back on that. 

Something was off. I knew it the second I woke up. Everything was a bit damp and sweaty. Like a heat gaze. It was very uncomfortable, even my wolf was restless.

I ignored that and just carried on packing. I did not want to go to my pack with Louis. Fighting him was fine, snogging him was super fine but  that doesn't change the fact that he was a bipolar wanker and I hated his guts. My wolf snarled at me. I rolled my eyes at him.

It started to rain as I pulled over my pack territory. Niall squeezed my hand, I knew he had my back, that would make this a bit easier.  Memories from the past suddenly haunted me, the suffocating closeness too much to bear.

''Do you want me to drive?" Niall asked.

''N-No , am fine.T'is nothing.'' 

I pulled up at the security check. The wolf standing there too much familiar.

''Holy shit. What the hell?'' The man gasped, his freckled and red hair contrasting the sun.

''Um, hello Ed.'' I greeted him. Ed Sheeran was one of childhood friends. We were super close. It was like me and Taylor and Ed. But I knew that Taylor had shifted packs. She and her mate moved to the States after they decided that they needed the break. We hadn't really been in contact after that. 

Looking at Niall I knew that I cared less about Taylor now. Even though she was a good friend. Niall was like my soul mate, as cliche as that sounds. We were meant to be mates.

''Whoa , what the?? Harry! Shit! Harry, Its been so long since you left. How the, fuck, how are you?" I flashed him an apologetic smile.

"Am fine Ed. This is Niall.''  I introduced him.

''Like your mate?'' His eyes widened.

''Nah man. Just super close buddies.'' Niall declared smiling at Ed. Already knew they would hit it off.

Ed let us in with plans to meet up later at the party. We thanked him and drove straight to my parents' place.

Robin greeted us with his usual cheery smile. We shared a hug as my mom ushered us in.

~

It was merry. Catching up with everything, nothing had changed. We played with Geremy as Mum and Gemma bustled about with the silverware. Normally I would have joined them, but I felt like something was off. I couldn't even concentrate on the game we were playing. I felt hazy and choked.

Niall didn't seem to find anything wrong with me. So I brushed it off.

''Haz lunch is set.'' Gemma hollered and we all flinched at her tone. Percy gave us an apologetic look. Niall opened his mouth, probably to make a sex joke about my sister, but I silenced him with  a look.

It was a jolly affair after that. Ignoring the dizziness and spacing out from my part. We played scrabble after that, Geremy and Niall getting annoyed as they couldn't come up with any proper words. 

I started feeling thirsty halfway through the game. Suddenly the parched dryness of my throat was too much. I stood up abruptly as I desperately needed to drink something. 

I gasped as I fell down. My back buckled and I howled out in pain.

Gemma was around me in an instant. Her eyes peered over me. That was the last I saw before darkness engulfed me.