Worst Timing

I find myself shrinking under those amber eyes which settled upon mine after a brief inspection of his beloved garden.

"I am not responsible." I blurt out feeling oddly guilty.

His lips mould to speak and probably mock but I beat him to it declaring.  "Am a nature lover you see I wouldn't do such a thing and I am not a fan of pointing fingers."

Hades seemed to want to comment but I cut in raising my hand."But."

"As the situation calls for it, it was your brother and...and another guy."

"And I don't think, any one of the two can be held responsible individually for they are equally to blame and should be brought to justice and be punished for the destruction of this very garden."

"That' my conclusion your honour. " I make a low bow and start to walk away.

"Where are going?" Hades asks stopping short my retreat.

"Am not involved in this, so I thought maybe..I could just leave?"

"No." My boss declines my leave application and sigh watching the dread creep upon my face.

"Come for lunch."

He says and turns gracefully to start walking without confirming that I was following.

It hurt a bit, just a tiny bit I say.

I had concluded that we have developed into friends but I guess I am more like a guest who over stays her visit. 

Smiling a little, I quietly follow behind on a look out for Cerberus who I wanted to greet with a stink eye and Will who would be welcomed with a friendly sucker-punch.

Lost in thoughts, my brain did not seem to take note of the dark cloaked wall right in front which I so happen to bsng my forehead against.

My eyes welled up involuntarily with my stinging nose and I look up blinking away the annoying liquid.

Hades gazed down with eyes that surprisingly shone with hints of guilt.
A pale finger lowered itself to the skin between my brows and traced down to the tip of my nose only to say unapologetically.

"You were taking too long. "

I felt the skin under his touch tingle but fid not think much of it as he continued further and disappeared without a trace upon reaching the palace gates.

With delicious food items presented in a never-ending slideshow in my mind my feet takes me to a massive dinning halls.

And seated on the luscious chairs are my loyal friends who gave me a sympathetic smile on my arrival.

With a smile so purely fake, I strode over to take a seat next to Zeus who grew cautious. And right opposite to us sat William with Izumi right next to him.

My eyes remained fixated on my childhood friend and even though I did not want to, I took notice of the changes from the very evident growth spurt to how the mole just above his left collarbone appeared smaller, how his eyes became a shade darker.

And I wasn't unaware of how the same pair of eyes took me in, of how it lingered on each minute details like how long my hair grew, how I no longer bit my nails, how my eyes were less baggier and how the scar left behind by a shared memory seemed to fade.

"Its nice to meet you after so long." I addressed him but all he did was nod and force upon a smile before taking a sip from his drink.

The other two set of eyes present in the room, each a different shade of azure were silent until I turned away with burdening heartache.

"Are you okay?" Will rested his chin down on the table to get a better look of my face while I played around with the cutlery.

Visibly dejected Will comments, "Can you talk to me?"

I do no such thing and continue to give them the silent treatment, but a name startles me off my poker face.

"Rain."

It felt so much like a plead and I look up. "Is everything alright?" He asks.

"You suddenly care about me now? Now after leaving without a word all those years back? And then suddenly showing up only to change inside out into this cold and distant person."

Oh you should thank your stars for I would have strangled you to dead on first sight if it weren't for the fact that I still FREAKING like you SO MUCH!!

All of this, I did not say for I couldn't say it without making myself look pathetic with short-creepy-sobs.

Seeing words weren' getting through Zeus did the next best thing. Brought his fist down on my head which successfully got out a sound.

"Hey!" I hit him back while at the same time another hand came down fisted.

"You two can't team up against me. It's against the rules." I point my finger between Zeus and Will who looked like they were ready for another round.

"Is little Eli pouting." Zeus pokes my cheek making me look up at him in disgust.

"And she's back." Will props his face on his elbow and I can no longer hold back my smile.

"You guys are not off the hook just yet. It's just keeping silent is not my thing so I will talk to you." I announce careful to each one a glare.

" Sure, sure." Zeus pats my head and gives me his signature smile which I assume could light up a room.

Suddenly I remembered how I never really asked about how things went down with him and Hades.

But before I could get out a complete word my hair was assaulte.

" Stop it you CRAZY HAIR RUFFLER!" I scream hitting away Will' hands that refused to let go. William was nearly over the table on one knee to reach up to me.

Only when he seemed satisfied by the certain level of annoyance he brought from me did he sit back down chuckling to himself
"Crazy hair ruffler."

I tried to grab onto his golden hair but my height restricted me from accomplishing my task. And to make things worse the chair I was about to descend upon was swiftly pulled away leaving me in confusion on the floor.

" I always wanted to do that to someone. " Zeus began to laugh and the veins on my forehead bulged.

Quickly taking hold of two forks I let out a war cry. " Your death will be by my hands sparkles."

The moment the nickname was brought forth laughter brimmed from the other side.

Taking advantage of the sudden stillness instilled by shock I attacked showing Zeus no mercy.

But the merry mood in the room turned to gloom with laughter dying down and Zeus even calling off his defences.

Slyly I hid away my forks while silently mumbling to myself. "He' always had the worst timing. "

Hello guys. Hope you liked the update.  The next update will be on Christmas 🎄.
Do vote and comment.
Love you