12

"I don't even know what to do with you anymore," Mom says as she searches through my room, having already confiscated the vodka under my bed. I'll find it and get it back later.

Harris added on a nice two day suspension, so I was gonna enjoy my hangover in peace until Mother here came in and started nipping my head.

"I thought you were my little angel and it was your brothers I'd have to worry about, but Alex doesn't get in fights anymore and the rest have grown into lovely people. Why haven't you grown up yet?"

Oh, Mamá, if only you knew that the majority of your sons are smokers. We've also got two drug addicts in the family, so there's that too. It makes me look pretty good.

"You're not gonna find anything else," is all I say and she closes my drawer.

"You can do chores today and make sure Marco does his homework. I'm leaving in an hour."

"Can I get my phone back?"

"No."

"What if something goes wrong? What if there's a fire and I can't call for help? Or a burglar comes in and-"

"Yasmin, you're not getting it back so be quiet."

I sigh over dramatically and drop my head down on my pillow.

Mom gives me a list of the things she wants me to do, so once I've pulled myself out of bed and showered, I get to it then start on dinner just as the losers all get home.

"Hey, Yasmin," Marco says, coming up to the counter to watch me prepare dinner.

"Hey, Yasmin," Max imitates in a high voice and Marco shoots him a glare.

"Hey, Yasmin." This time it's Wesley and I spin around so fast I almost get whiplash. "Still no phone?"

"Nope." I look down at what i'm wearing – pyjama shorts and an old ugly t shirt – and blush. I didn't brush my hair after getting out of the shower and my face is a disaster from how tired I am.

"Don't worry, you look hot," he assures and I look at Max, wondering why he's flirting out in the open like this.

"I'm outa here," Max says and walks past Wes. "C'mon."

"One sec." He walks to me and grabs Marco's head, making him look in the opposite direction, then he kisses me.

I push myself against him, my body feeling warm with him on it. This has definitely made my really shitty day turn not so shitty. I just wish I could be with him all night.

"Stop right now or i'm telling," Marco says. I pull away from Wes and look at Marco who is standing with his eyes squeezed shut and his head hands over his ears. The kids heard worse than the sound of kissing; he needs to chill out.

"Go do your homework before dinners ready," I tell him and he sighs.

"I can't; it's too hard."

"What's too hard?" Valentino says as he swings the kitchen door open, a smirk on his face. "Aww, Marcy, are you finally discovering yourself?"

"Fuck off."

"Stop swearing."

"It's you who puts it all in his head," I say and Val finally looks at me then Wes as if it's the first time he noticed he was here.

"Can I borrow your car?"

"No," Wes says straight away."

"Please man, i've gotta get to soccer practise."