Chapter 17: May the best man win

Taemin's P.O.V.

As I entered the living room of our house, I saw Kai sitting on the couch, and his elbows resting on knees while his head was kept down. I just stared at him for a second then made my way upstairs. I don't care about him now.. He's already a grown up, he won't need me anymore..

I made my first step on the stairs when I noticed Kai, standing up from the couch and walking toward my direction.

“What was that all about?” He asked, as he stopped in front of me, glaring at me.

I didn't say anything and just raised my left eyebrow as if I didn't know what is he talking about.

He impatiently grabbed my shirt's collars tightly. “You're the stranger she was looking for?! What the fuck is that lie all about?! I trusted you, hyung! I told you everything about her, I told you every detail about her.. and this is what you'll do to me?!”

“Well, I'm sorry Kai.” I said, insincere as I smirked deviously. “I warned you before, ain't I?” I paused. “I sent you a message before, telling you to ‘Do your best, Kai because once I get back home, you'll regret everything you told me.’ Remember?”

Kai widened his eyes as he looked shock about what I just said. He gritted his teeth in anger as he pinned me against the wall. “So, you plan all of these, huh?” He asked, angrily.

“If I say yes, will that shut you up?” I asked, blankly staring at him as I pushed him out of my way.

“Oh, I'm not done with you yet!” Kai yelled, as he grabbed me by my shoulder and gave a hard punch on my cheek. I hit the tiled floor as I felt his hard punch on my cheek. “Weakling.” He whispered to himself. “Now, tell me! Why are you doing this to me? What do you want from Jaehee?” Kai asked, as he grabbed my collars again.

“You really wanna know, huh? Fine. I'll tell you. Just like you, I fell for her.”

“You fell for her? Yeah, right!” He said, with sarcasm on his voice. “What kind of foolishness is that? It's your first time seeing her just a while ago..  Tell me, what are your intentions? What do you want from her?!” He said, grabbing my collars tighter than before.

“It's possible. With all the stories you told me about her and the way how you describe her, I couldn't help myself but to fall for her. I thought that maybe she's not bad, she's perfect. I don't know but I always look forward about your calls since I know you'll be telling me a lot more stories about her. And with that, I didn't notice that I was actually falling in love with her, just like you.” I said in a calm voice.

“Fuck!” He cursed as he let go of my collars and ruffled his hair in frustration. “Why does it have to be her? I told you how I felt for her, I told you I love her.. And this is what I fucking get for trusting you?!” He said, while his angry hot tears rolled down his cheeks.

I stood up then said. “I already warned you but looks like you ignored it.” I looked at Kai then continued. “You better wake up, Kai. This world is full of competitions.” I smirked mischievously.

“Tsk, what made you think I'll compete with you? I could just tell her the truth anytime.”

“Oh, really? Fine, go tell her. Let's see if she'll believe you.” I said, as I brushed my shoulder into his, harshly and made my way upstairs.

This is it, Kai. Your happy days are over. I'll make sure Jaehee will be mine. *smirk* May the best man win.

••••••••••••••••••••

Heeey! :) I hope you enjoyed this chap. Look forward to the next chapter, maybe tonight?

#WeBelieveInYouKris

•×LuHainne