lxiii.

Yoongi was nervous. He didn't know what he was going to do with Jimin for an entire day. He was afraid that if he wasn't careful, Jimin would see through him in an instant and know all the things Yoongi didn't want anybody to know.

That he'd been scared that they would never find Jimin.

That he'd been scared that Jimin was dead.

That he'd been scared by how much he'd missed Jimin.

He didn't want Jimin to know because he was Jimin's older brother. He was supposed to be strong and tough. But then again, he was supposed to protecting his little brothers, and he hadn't done a very good job at it, even if Jimin's abduction wasn't something he could have stopped.

But he wanted Jimin to think that he was strong, because even if he didn't feel particularly strong, Yoongi knew that Jimin needed to feel safe. Yoongi had to make him feel safe. And letting Jimin know that he'd been half-expecting a different ending to this story wouldn't make Jimin feel safe.

So the next morning at the breakfast table as Namjoon got up to leave with the others, Yoongi stopped him with a tug on his jacket sleeve.

Namjoon immediately stopped and turned, shocked but trying to hide it because Yoongi had barely touched him in 5 years, if at all. He wouldn't even take goodnight kisses anymore. "Yes, Yoongi?"

"Can Jimin come to school with me?"

Namjoon was shocked. "But don't you want to play here? I'm giving you the day off."

Yoongi shook his head. "I want..." He tried to think of a logical excuse. "I want Jimin to meet my friends."

"All right...but if you're talking about Kihyun and Wonho, hasn't Jimin met them before? Their dad drove you all home once, remember?"

Yoongi stood for a second with his mouth open. "W-well, they've changed."

Namjoon hesitated before sighing and nodding. "I'll call the office to let them know. I'm sure they'll be fine with it, given our circumstances."

Jimin watched the whole encounter with wide eyes, looking back at Jin every few seconds, and Jin smiled back at him warmly. It was as though their relationship had been repaired in one day. Jimin hoped he could do the same with the rest of his brothers.

Yoongi turned to Jimin for the first time that morning, and Jimin stared at him earnestly, wanting to please Yoongi somehow even though Yoongi appeared to be disinterested in him. "You're coming to school with me, so get dressed."

Jimin nodded and ran off to his room, going through his dresser and searching for something, anything. I get to go to school with Yoongi. But he doesn't look very happy about it...Does he not like me?

Regardless, Jimin threw on a fluffy pink sweater and pants, running back to the kitchen. "Is this okay, hyung?"

Yoongi stared at him for a second before nodding and looking away.

Is he disappointed? Am I going to embarrass him wearing this?

But Yoongi didn't say anything about it. "Let's go."

Jimin nodded, following Yoongi closely, and when Yoongi stopped at the door, Jimin ran into his back. Yoongi turned around quickly but, upon seeing Jimin was unharmed, he put on a mask of indifference and waited for Namjoon.

***

Half an hour later, Jin got out of the front seat and waited for Yoongi and Jimin. Yoongi looked back once to verify that Jimin had indeed followed him before he started walking.