Epilogue

He nosed at her neck from behind as he knotted her again, both of them gasping as they teetered on the edge of climax. 

His teeth came into the mix, piercing through familiar flesh, and her vision briefly went white.

Finally falling off the cliff and into the abyss.

After recovering seconds later she gasped again, this time not from pleasure but from worry, her eyes catching sight of the clock on the bedroom wall.

"What is it?" Jason mumbled, grunting as his body released another load into his mate, his knot preventing him from moving away and adjusting them into a more comfortable position. 

He was growing out his hair, the ends of it tickling her shoulders as he lazily nipped at her skin, leaving little marks in his wake. He was taking in big lungfuls of her scent, the rise and fall of his chest and the warmth that emanated from his body serving as a lullaby to her fatigued body.

She felt full in every way.

"I'm meant to be opening up in twenty minutes." Rachael complained, trying not to shuffle too much and overstimulate them. 

Jason chuckled behind her, hissing as he was interrupted by another mind-numbing orgasm.

"God, I love you."

When he had finally deflated enough to untie them, they sprung apart and ran into the shower, too spent to do anything but wash up and get ready for the day.

Rachael dried off and shoved her limbs into the appropriate undergarments and clothes before shoving her crystal cut, mating ring on to her finger. A lump grew in her throat as she gazed at it and she tried not to get emotional.

All the nights that she had slept alone, all the days of crippling loneliness, now nothing more than a lingering memory.

She managed to push some food into Jason's hand before he kissed her goodbye and rushed out the door to work. 

"I love you too."

Tina was tapping her feet impatiently when Rachael finally made it down to open up the front doors. She wrinkled up her nose and walked inside the newly renovated, sweet shop and bakery. 

Rachael's pride and joy.

Sunlight streamed through the windows, filling the interior with a warm glow.

"I'm not even going to ask why you took so long to come down," she teased, moving behind the counter to set the cash register up.

When Tina had offered to come and work for her, Rachael wasn't sure what to say. It was her first day of business and she didn't think that she'd be making enough money to give Tina a salary however her friend insisted

As Rachael already knew, Graham made more than enough money to support the both of them plus their son, and Tina wasn't losing any sleep over quitting her job at the diner. 

With that in mind, she eventually agreed. Not like Tina left her much of an option.

Rachael adjusted the front of house displays until everything was aligned just the way she wanted it. Then, she hurried into the kitchen to put her prebaked cakes into boxes.

She hoped they would sell. She had spent so long perfecting her recipes and making sure she was doing everything correctly.

"How are you feeling about today?" Tina asked her, coming into the room to help with the boxing.

"Nervous." Rachael admitted, giving a small smile, "but it's just first day jitters."

Tina made a sound of assent, "yeah, don't worry about it. I have a sneaking suspicion the pack will be coming here often."