My Suspicious Mother

Fan Cover by @fandombeforeblood0

Julie's pov:

Ever since Ashton and I first sat down at the table where his parents, my parents, and my little brother, were already waiting, I felt like I was being watched.

More specifically, my up to no good mother.

When food was being given out, she would keep raising her eyebrows and kept looking back and forth between me and Ashton.

Trust me, I tried to ignore that woman, the best I possibly could, but she was making it pretty obvious.

"So, Julie, how did you and Ashton meet?" My mother starts the conversation when everyone has their food on their plates.

I glare at my mother as she gives a wicked grin.

Which by the way, doesn't she know that the first time I saw him he literally stormed up into his bedroom?

Dear lord, send prayers.

But before I could answer her question, guess who decided to speak up first.

"Oh we met like any normal people would. Trust me, there is no wall between us." Ashton says smirking at me from across the other side of the table.

Our parents probably didn't get the side joke, but he is replying back to when I rolled right into my wall.

I mean, that was in the past... a long time ago!!

Yeah...it was less than a week ago.

But still!!

Oh and even better, my luck, I got my lovely mother sitting right beside me, and this pain in my behind in front of me.

"Well that's good to hear, you Ashton seem like such a good kid." My mom says smiling from ear to ear.

"Yes well, if he spent more time focusing on his school work than picking fights at school then that could be arranged." Mr. Rider says, just casually, you know?

The next second after that, everyone, well except him, became stiff and utterly speechless.

Alissa smacks his arms and gives out a large sigh.

I look over at Ashton as he grips his fork tightly in his hands while taking heavier breaths.

No one is saying anything until a buzzer goes off.

"Oh look, the second batch of mashed potatoes is done." My mom says, rather awkwardly, standing up and pulling it off of the stove.

I look back over at Ashton to see his eyes are already lingering on mine.

I try to give him a small smile but he just looks down and, may I say, viscously stabs his fork into his chicken.

Poor chicken.

I look over to my little brother Jake to see him just looking around confused.

"Jake, how was school today? Meet any new friends?" I ask, trying to get rid of all of the tension in the room.

Oh god, I'm turning into a mom.

"Yep."

Do you think I can just adopt kids who have kids so I can just be a grandma?

My cane is going to be decorated in sparkles.

Because sparkles makes every situation in life better.

Plus, I don't have to feel guilty about buying cookies at the Supermarket.

I'll just think 'Hey, I'm a grandma, it's my job.'