45 - Disable

A week after the Arabic Princess' visit, she made the announcement to the World that she will be leaving her legacy to her most capable relative. The news had caused an uproar because people had thought her favorite grandson had been Malik Shah and assumed she had plan to leave everything to him. No one knew what happened and listened intently as the Arabic Princess' representative explained her condition. The princess will provide ten million funds to five of her selected relatives. With the funds, each person has four years to increase their profits through legal means. After four years, the two highest profits will then step forward. The Princess asked the world most powerful corporations: Antra, GKP and Lind Corp to choose one of the two as her successor within a year.

"You're becoming more ruthless in the game"

I was at Lind Corp's Owner's office, playing chess with my grandfather while the large screen television in the office was showing the conference meeting between the media and Princess Ayla Shah's team of lawyers and representatives. My focus was on the chess board instead of the televised conference meeting.

"His Queen, Knights, and Rooks are killed before the game started" James Lind sat back against the couch like the King he was while he studied me with smiling eyes.

"I left him his bishop and pawns" I smirked while capturing the old man's remaining rook on the board.

The old man laughed softly making me glance up at him with a grin.

"You're not afraid he'll counter?"

"With what?" I continued moving my queen forward. "I already disable him"

Malik Shah lost his royal grandmother's faith – the Queen. With the Queen removed, his protection is gone – his Knights. And now with a capsulated limit to money and wealth, his Rook piece became useless. I want to see just how that playboy prince would counter even if he finds out I had a part of influencing his grandmother.

"He is still a tiger"

"A kitten is more like it" I sat back after checking the old man's King.

"Take it easy" The old man suddenly sigh softly. "You're still healing"

"The bullet barely grazed me. I'm fine" I made a face. "Stop worrying already grandpa"

"I'm not worried about your little injury" Grandfather looked at me sternly. "Does your cheek still hurt?"

I was proud not to flinch at the mention of my cheek. Even though the pain is no longer there, it still hurt.

"Your father will not dare to lay another hand on you" Grandfather suddenly stated.

With that, I knew the old man had spoken to his son.

"Thank you grandpa..." I said softly, knowing the old man was angry on my behalf.

"If you want to thank me, come with me to New York this weekend"

Surprised, I look up at him.

"The Spring Ball hosted by GKP. I need a date"

Startled that the old man is actually making a joke, I gave a loud laugh.

"What?" I teased him. "The great James Lind can't find a date?"

Ignoring my laughter, the old man continued with the chess game. Smiling softly, I knew my grandfather was trying to cheer me up. For that, I was thankful.