Chapter XXXVII

"It was actually my fault why my mom and sister died," Cayden trails off, looking down on his fingers and starts fidgeting. "I was part of a gang before but then left when my sister found out," He added.

"I needed some money for my sister's hospital bills. I know my dad owns a school and all that shit but he wasn't there when we need him, he was off somewhere, working," I looked at him and suddenly felt the tension in the atmosphere.

"We didn't tell him. He doesn't care about us, he's too busy working or maybe cheating. 2 days after my sister found out, I decided to leave the gang. I keep my word for my sister. But then, this gang won't stop following my every move, then start threatening my family unless I re-join."

"A month later of my sister being released from the hospital, my mom insisted driving her home. It was a wrong choice that I let her because it was on that day, my mom and sister died because of the car crash. The gang I joined killed them just because I left and never want to do anything with them anymore."

He stops fidgeting his fingers and looked at me, I can already sense how hurt he was at that time but sometimes we make choices in life that we either regret or don't regret and sometimes choices can drive us crazy, but if we realize that every choice we have may either be regretful, by the end of the day something good will happen to us.

I'm utterly speechless for his words. I don't even know what to say. I feel like if I utter a word, it will just mess up the atmosphere in this room. It is a cold atmosphere but it was somehow comforting in a different way because he's here with me and I'm here with him.

I didn't know what to do so I just gave him a hug. A comforting hug that he might be needing, suddenly I felt his arms roam around my back and hugged me back. We sat there hugging each other comfortably for less than 20 seconds.

"I hope you're feeling better," I said.

"I always feel better when I'm with you."

***

I left the room alone and let Cayden have some rest. He was already drunk and I don't want to make him drunker if he joins the party. A lot of guests has arrived, I went to the kitchen to grab some drinks and saw Amelia talking to Noah.

"Hey," I said as I sip a drink from my red cup that contains zero percent alcohol. They both looked at me and smiled, Noah waving his right hand at me.

"So where's Cayden?" Amelia asked. Noah decides to leave, not wanting to be involved with our girl talk. She sips from her own red cup and gave me a questioning look.

"He's in his room, sleeping. He was already drunk before the party even began," I said and she chuckled.

We both left the kitchen and went to the living room. Amelia then waved at me and pointed at Noah and I smirked at her, shooing her with my head. I sat down on the living room couch, watching the people dance.

Someone decides to take a seat next to me as I awkwardly take a sip from my red cup. You know that feeling when you don't want to have a small talk with someone because it's going to end up awkwardly? That's me. 

I hate it when people start small talking, even if I have my earphones on. It's like a sign that they are not interested to talk to you or have a conversation with you. 

"Hey," He said and I spare him a glance and smiled at him, taking a longer sip to ignore the conversation that he's about to start. I don't even recognize him going to our school, maybe it's Logan's other friends.